Chapter Nineteen - [Aaryan]

I put down her letter and smiled. I was happy to hear how thrilled she was. I never realized how much she loved to cook.

I never realized how much she loved to garden as well.

I suppose it made sense.

It was so clear that such small, trivial things made my wife happy, and it made me fall more in love with her as the days passed. And I wondered for some time what I would bring her when I returned and I knew now that seeds and flowers would bring her more joy than silks and gold.

Kiyo was lush with the most glorious of silks, weaved and designed with the most beautiful work. Kiyo also had the loveliest jewelry, with unique styles that we would never see in Chandraba.

They also had the loveliest of flowers, particularly the trees that grew pink flowers that would rain down at a certain time of the year. Maybe I could bring her that.

As I made a note to myself to remember to make a request for these gifts, I did still frown, reminding myself that that about fifteen men had an ego so large that they chose not to eat what Seetha had prepared.

I knew exactly who they were. Seetha had become friendly with the five nobles who did show up and so she named them. All five of them were loyal to my father and so I was not surprised.

Part of me was excited to return, just so I could make it clear to them that I knew of their pride and ego.

I was certain that a simple unhappy look from me would be enough to send a shiver through them and make them worry. In fact, it would be enough to put them through days of sleepless nights as they wondered what their future entailed now that they have gotten on my bad side. I was the next Maharajah, after all.

However, another side of me wondered if I should simply reach out to my father and ask him to refuse them their chance to eat with the King in the future. Disrespecting Seetha meant disrespecting me, which in turn, meant disrespecting my father.

I thought for some time and decided to drop it for now. I was sure my father would not be pleased with such a request and I decided I should not undermine the kindness he was already showing Seetha and I.

So instead, I wrote to my father, thanking him for the opportunities he had given her. Then I wrote to Seetha, sending her my praise, good wishes and my love. I also did not forget to tell her how much I loved the story she was sending me.

It helped make the days filled with blood and battle a little less dreadful.

-------------- 

Hey guys!

Don't worry, I know this is a super short chapter, but I will be uploading the next one later tonight!

See you in an hour or so!

Love, 

Luckycharms