Chapter Twenty Three - [Seetha]

It was as I was milking Maadu that I heard the messenger of our village, Balu, call my name. When I looked up, I saw the boy at the edge of our farm, waving a big wave with a huge smile on his face.

I waved back as I got up and rushed towards him. When I reached him, he handed me a small, beautifully decorated, red box. "You seem to have a very important package."

I was a little surprised, but knew that this had to be from Aaryan, seeing as the only other people who sent me letters were my sisters and Saratha, all of whom would not waste their efforts on such a pretty box.

Of course, I was instantly excited.

"Thank you, Balu," I smiled at the young boy as I took the box from him.

He grinned at me. "See you!"

I ran back into my home with the box, and when I reached our living room, I sat down on the floor and set it down in front of me.

After pulling off the lovely red ribbon, I unfastened the latch and opened it up. In it, was a piece of rolled, glorious looking paper as well as a gold ring and a gold chain. I rolled my eyes and frowned. I told him no gifts.

But I couldn't help but smile again.

It has been over a month since I'd seen him and so this was enough to make me feel a little better about that.

I picked up the rather heavy rolled paper. After unrolling it, I saw the beautiful handwriting which was completely expected from a Prince. This was the first time that I had seen his writing, and I was a little embarrassed. My handwriting was a mess compared to his.

But I pushed the thought aside and read on.

Dearest Seetha,

Before you get upset about the gifts, they are not for you. I have yet to thank your mother and father for their hospitality. So please give your mother the ring and your father the chain as a thank you. I assume that they will have a hard time accepting it, but I leave it to you to force them to take it.

Moving on, I hope you have been well while I have been absent. I do miss you dearly, and I am looking forward to seeing you again. Which leads me to the reason I am sending this letter to you.

I am very happy to tell you that my father has given us his blessing.

My eyes widened and my heart began to race as I read on.

I will be returning soon... to bring you to the place that you will soon be calling home. I hope you will find comfort in the fact that the people who I care mostly about are looking forward to meeting you in person, and seeing exactly what it is about you that enchanted me.

I am looking forward to calling you my Princess. Until then, let this letter be my promise to you that I will do everything I can to fill your future with nothing but love.

Yours,

Aaryaraavanan

The letter was followed by what looked like a royal seal and after reading the whole thing once more, I set it down and tried to relax. But a huge smile formed on my face as, with the letter still in my hands, along with the ring and the chain, I stood up and ran.

I ran as fast as I could, off the grounds of my farm and into the village.

I spotted my mother where she always was in the market as she traded our milk and crops for other goods. She didn't see me though, not until I pounced into her arms.