Chapter Twenty One - [Aaryan]

Hi everyone!

Another chapter will be up by tomorrow! So stay tuned for that!

I hope you enjoy this one! And don't forget to vote and comment! THANK YOU! <3

Love, Luckycharms

---

My brow rose as I read the last part of her letter. It was such a random question that it took me by surprise.

I knew she was referencing Lord Shivan as soon as she mentioned the mountains and her cow, but I still could not understand why. I worried a little... wondering if there was something that happened back at the palace which made her want to leave.

Nevertheless, I wanted to answer her honestly.

The simple answer was yes, of course. I would do anything for her, but if she could bring her cow then I should be allowed to bring Bhumi.

If I remember correctly, Shivans cow Nandi could fly. Maadu could not, so it would be easier to get around the mountainous area by horse rather than cow. That, and the fact that Bhumi was an incredible travel companion.

I couldn't say the same about Maadu.

Of course, that was the simple answer, and things were never so simple.

I was the Crown Prince. I could not just shake off my responsibilities and run off. It would lead to chaos. I had way too many responsibilities and there were way too many people who expected way too much from me.

Thus, I couldn't just run off.

Maybe it would have been different if I trusted Aarun, who was second in line. Unfortunately, I didn't. In fact, I would do just about anything to make sure he would never be king. I knew him better than anyone and he was selfish, irresponsible and childish. That was exactly why I sent him back home, though father wanted him to join us in battle. As usual, he had been fooling around and I did not have the patience to deal with it this time around. In order to save face and my fathers reputation, I did not make a big scene out of it. I sent him home quietly, telling him that if he wants to fool around, he can do it back in Aathikara.

I imagined he would be spending time with my mother and her entourage, impressing the ladies enough to let them trust him with their daughters.

So yes, if he were king, he would drive this great nation to the ground.

I could never let that happen.

If it were Aayu... that would be a different story, but not Aarun.

As I began to write my honest answer to the random question, however, I was interrupted. "Aaryaraavanan!"

When I looked up, I saw the old King of Kiyo walk into my tent as my warriors held the curtain open for him.

I stood, bowing my head. "My King," I said, in his language, "to what do I owe the pleasure, so late in the evening?"

He walked over to the large table in the middle of my tent where we made all of our plans. He fiddled with the maps and plans as he spoke. "The whores just arrived to do their show, you know, lighten the mood a little. I was wondering where you were but then I remembered that you have a wife" the King looked at me with a silly smile.

I wasn't surprised by the presence of said 'whores.' We had just defeated one faction of the enemies and were resting before we head out to face off with the rest. The plan was to fight them and push them back until they are cornered at the sea, where my men will be waiting for them on their boats. The enemy will need to then face us from all fronts, forcing them to surrender and giving us victory.