Chapter Nine - [Aaryan]

Hi everyone!

Another update for you today! Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think! I can't wait to read your thoughts on this one!

Next update will be on Monday!

Love,

Luckycharms!!!

---------

Two weeks had passed with no letter from Seetha. At first, I assumed Aathi was keeping her preoccupied, but soon I was hearing about Seetha conflicting with my mother.

Of course, the news did not surprise me, though I was quite irritated that Seetha did not share the details with me. She usually told me everything... even if it was something as small as my mother looking at her angrily.

As soon as I heard, I wrote to Seetha, asking her to tell me what had happened. Then I waited. Then I wrote again. Then I waited once more until I finally got a response, albeit a short one.

She said everything was fine.

I stared at the letter dubiously... and then I wrote to Aayu.

Aayu did not respond immediately, and it infuriated me. Especially when I heard more rumours that Seetha was ill. But just as I decided to write again, and this time be more forceful, I finally received a response.

Big brother,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Affairs at the palace have been hectic and I knew I needed to sit down and think my words through before I responded. To keep things simple, Seetha is unwell, in more ways than one.

I put the letter down and massaged my temples with my index finger and thumb. I knew it. I knew she was lying to me.

As expected- I hope -mother and father had decided it is time for Seetha to hand over the care of Aathavan to a Royal Wet Nurse and maids. Seetha has not taken that so well.

Mother has permitted Seetha to see him once a day, for a little while, and though Seetha takes advantage of this, I think this has only made things harder for her. More recently, Seetha has heard that Aathavan is not taking well to the wet nurse and his attendants, and that he has not been eating well and cries often. This news has broken Seetha's heart more and she is having trouble sleeping and eating because of that broken heart, as well as possibly legitimate fears she may have.

Furthermore, I believe her breast milk is drying up and that is causing physical pain to her as well.

Brother, I understand this news will bring pain and shock to you, but I need you to read on carefully.

When you come rushing back to the palace, as I know you most certainly will, keep in mind that if you demand that mother and father let Seetha wean the baby, then you will be asking them to change hundreds of years of tradition... for a village girl.

Nobles are constantly trying to find reasons to disapprove of her, don't give them another one.

I'm not saying to not make Seetha happy. I'm simply saying you need to choose your words wisely. Don't come running in, ready to fight and cripple anyone who dares to disobey you.