Chapter Seventeen - [Seetha]

Update two for today!

Enjoy! And don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! <3

-luckycharms <3

P.S. There will be one more very short update tomorrow :)

---

After another few weeks, it was time for my parents to leave. I had gotten much better, and though I would have loved for them to have stayed, they were needed back at home. Seeing them go, as always, upset me, but I was happy to know that it was so much easier for them to come back now. Having this seperate home... It made things easier. Aaryan even had multiple extra rooms built just so that my family could stay comfortably. And we had a kitchen where my mother could cook, and an open area where children could play. Aaryan even had a large garden set up for me, which my father quite liked tending to while he was here.

This home, though still massive and bigger than any home anyone could ever have at the village, was much more homely than the palace... much more comfortable.

So I did not cry this time, as they left. This time, I happily told them to come back soon, and my parents happily said they would. And I knew they would.

After they left, I was officially considered to be better. I was walking around on my own, I had gained most of my weight back, and Lord Suryadevan and Lord Vinthan were coming to see me, so they could update me on what they had done for the education plans while I was ill.

They had done a fantastic job in my absence. It seemed like everything was continuing to run smoothly.

I was still in contact with Aayu, of course, and I had also heard from a maid that he had apparently tried to come see me when I was ill. Of course, the King refused to let him enter the capital. Aaryan was, of course, angered by this, but was not talking to his father so did not say anything to him.

Me? Well... I was sad.

I wanted to see Aayu, of course, but it seemed like everyone's egos were too large for that. Everyone's but Aayu's. Of course, I wrote to him as soon as I woke up... and he wrote back. He said he was perfectly fine, though I suppose I would never know for sure unless I saw him in person.

Hopefully that would be sooner rather than later... and since his wedding to that girl was coming up, I assumed it would be sooner.

By the time I was pretty much back to normal, I was heading over to the palace every morning with my children and my maids. It seemed that everyone was happy to see me, especially when I returned to preparing meals for the servants. It seemed that in my absence, the kitchen staff had reverted back to a plain, simple rice and a bland curry. They even stopped serving breakfast.

I felt the need to scold the staff when I returned for their laziness. It was the first time I had ever really scolded anyone while I was here, but I felt like it needed to be done... especially since their willingness to set my instructions aside came from the fact that everyone knew that the King was unhappy with Aaryan.

Maybe they felt that there was no need to serve the wife of the Prince who was fighting with their King.

Or maybe I was looking into this too deeply.

So after scolding them, and then setting things back on track, it didn't take long for things to go back to normal at the palace... normal for the most part.

Weeks passed, Maya grew, the Maharajah continued to conflict with Aaryan and in effect, had not spoken to me either. When I saw him, he was nod his head at me, but other than that, we exchanged no words. He did not check on me, he did not even come to check on Maya and Aathavan.