Chapter Nineteen - [Seetha]

Hello everyone!

I  hope you enjoy this update! Another one will be coming soon!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT to let me know what you think! <3

Love, Luckycharms <3

---

Aaryan returned home late that evening, and when he did, I realized immediately that he was not intending to stay. "My love, we need to talk," I said, as I followed him to his office. He was walking fast, and it took some effort to keep up with him in my still, relatively weakened state.

"I am busy, Seetha," he said as he pulled out his royal wax seal stamp, along with some other scrolls and notes. "We will need to speak later."

His face was clouded over, and that was enough for me to know that something was wrong. "Aaryan?" I grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop what he was doing. I put a hand under his chin and turned him to face me. To look at me. "What is it?"

"Nothing," he said, trying to change his expression, forcing a smile. Trying to look gentle. "I am just a little busy."

I was no fool. "We don't keep secrets from each other."

He let out a breath. "I have work to do."

I could feel his anger... the anger he was trying to hide from me... and that was when I knew that he must have known already.

He must have gotten the news.

"Please, just tell me Aaryan... what are you going to do?"

Aaryan hesitated before looking at me. He watched me carefully, probably realizing I knew whatever it was that he knew. "Who told you?" He asked, sounding angry.

"Your father-"

"You spoke to my father?"

"I spoke to my father-in-law, yes," I said, trying to remind him that I was allowed to do whatever I wanted.

"And he told you?"

"He asked me to speak to you-"

Aaryan scoffed. "Unbelievable-"

"Why?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. "Is my opinion that meaningless to you?"

"No," he said. "Of course not, but he should not be involving you-"

"Why ever not?" I asked.

Aaryan kept frowning, and after a moment he looked away. "I have to go. I have work to do."

I grabbed his hand. "Please, Aaryan... just talk to them," I said. "Talk it out. Think of your future and your people... your children."

"You think I am not already considering that?" I asked. "If anything, there is nothing more that I am worried about than my future, my people and my children... and you." He snatched his arm away from me. "Do not speak to my father," he then ordered. "Do not entertain him. I will handle this."

"Aaryan your father is not the enemy," I said, raising my voice. "He is fighting for you."

"Clearly not hard enough."

"Stop letting your anger lead you!" I said. "You are better than that."

"I have tried that," he argued. "And that has failed. Only force and put an end to this nonsense!"