Apex Predator

November 6th, 2038
AM 12:55:22

Time seemed to halt. Your jaw tensed as your nails dug into your palms. Your stomach was in knots, acid welling in your belly. Loud thumps banged against your eardrums, rattling the skull behind them. Each pulse struck your neck like lightning, riding the storm in your chest.

Connor's lethal glare left you, baring his teeth at the baited deviant.

"If you remain silent, there is nothing I can do to help you!" His warning came like a crack of thunder, "They're gonna shut you down for good! You'll be dead! Do you hear me? DEAD!"

He bit at the shark cage, and the suspect's silence only drove him deeper into his watery grave.

"You're a machine, you were designed to obey, so OBEY!" He slammed the table with his hand, the folder fluttering next to it, "Tell me what happened!"

The fury that came from him...You didn't think it was possible from an android. From him. It could've been an act, but...there was a lot of internalized frustration that went into releasing that much anger.

Gavin snickered, "Damn...Your new RoboCop buddy is really losing his cool, ey, Dollface?"

You turned around in your chair, grabbing the back of it with a grip so hard your knuckles turned white, "I'm about five seconds from losing my shit, Reed."

"Go for it." He winked, "I like it when you're angry."

"Back off, Gavin." Chris growled, "You're being an ass."

"You're all fucking annoying." Hank mumbled, "Except you, Chris. I like you."

You pushed a huff through your nose, "Thanks, Lieutenant..."

"Hey now. You're alright in doses."

Connor interrupted the argument, doing all the work while the four of you bickered like over-privileged children.

"Okay then, don't talk." His arms swept out to his sides, his back hitting the chair, "What do I care after all?" A small laugh danced on his words, his mouth pulled back in a cocky grin, "Heh, I mean, I'm not the one accused of murder, right?"

Hank slid his palms along his legs, cupping his knees as if he was about to stand, "All right. He's grabbing at straws now."

Your foot bounced underneath the observation panel in an anxious rhythm.

"Come on, Connor...Prove them wrong..."

Connor moved with an inhumane quickness, retrieving the evidence folder and pinning it between the table and his hand. He slammed it so hard, the rubber tips of the desk's legs shuddered in place.

"TWENTY. EIGHT. Stab wounds..." He pushed against the ledge, his chair grinding against the floor, "You didn't want to leave him a chance, huh?"

Chris smirked at Hank, "Spoke too soon, eh?"

"Hmph."

Connor rose from his seat. He circled the wounded man lost at sea, who drowned in his own fear.

"Did you feel anger? HATE?"

The deviant jumped at each crunching word. He began to shake.

You two had that in common.

Connor pointed at the folder, his eyes on the hunt, "He was bleeding, begging you for mercy! But you stabbed him..." He towered over him, his shadow blanketing the deviant as he jabbed his finger in his shoulder like a knife, "Again, and again, and AGAIN!"