Exodus

November 11th, 2038
AM ??:??:??

In the human world, he'd been counted out.  Reported missing.  Grouped in with the other deviants on the run.

But androids...they knew better.

The threat that was Connor had never been dismissed.  The potential run-in with him was a nightmare that lurked in the back of their ever-processing minds, the possibility of an encounter at every turn.

His eyes narrowed like blades, his sights barreling down the length of the pistol and impaling the rebel leader at the end of it.  His lips formed a hard line, jaw tense – deep contours where the muscles strained the most.

If you were on the receiving end of his wrath, you'd be just as horrified as the leaders of Jericho were.

Lucky for you...he was here to save you.

And once that overwhelming sense of relief lifted its blinders, something dawned on you that serendipity hadn't allowed you to bring into question.  You were paralyzed by the thoughts creeping up from the depths of your consciousness.

Was this the real him?  Or a trap you were about to fall into – another RK800 that had to get you alone in order to kill you?

"Put the gun down, Connor."  Markus eased his hands, "There's no need for this.  You're one of us now."

"You think just because I'm deviant means I'm like you?" Connor huffed through his nose, "You wouldn't know proper negotiation techniques if they slapped you in the face."

Markus's fists curled at his sides, "Why are you here?"

"I stuck to the shadows of this city until I could safely make my way to Jericho. I wanted to reason with you and put a stop to this. However, my primary objective has changed."  His nose twitched, "I don't have much to say anymore."

"What, you came to rescue her?" North snickered, "What do you even need from her?"

"My needs or wants have nothing to do with it."  A braced pain almost broke through his dangerous alter-ego, "I love her...and right now, she needs me more than ever."

Your lips pursed, and you bit the flesh behind them.  Wanted to run and dive into his securing embrace, but couldn't.

"Is that why you've been so willing to turn on your own kind, Deviant Hunter?" Markus cocked his chin.

"That's a little hypocritical, don't you think?  I remember those operators at the Stratford Tower...romanticized with freedom, and then left behind to be martyrs.  But that's enough chitchat."  He looked at you, his eyes softening just a bit, "Come on.  Let's go."

Your heart was pounding, and your chest rose and fell in a rapid succession.

If this wasn't your Connor, you would deliberately be handing yourself over to someone who wanted you dead.  Jericho hadn't been the friendliest, but you didn't think they'd go so far as to kill you.  From the sounds of it, they needed you.

"It doesn't look like she wants to go..." Markus took a step forward with his hands raised, "Perhaps she's begun to see reason."

"No-" You shot, "It's just..."

"Please.  Just trust me."  Connor urged.

His eyes were so pleading, so familiar.  They were home.

You tried to make sense of it.  Tried to come up with a good enough reason to shuffle the possibility of him being another imposter aside just for the sake of having something to be hopeful for.