Mission Accomplished (NSFW)

November 8th, 2038
PM 08:39:57

***NSFW Chapter 2 out of 2***

There wasn't any armor, here – in the literal sense, or otherwise.  You added it to the pile of insecurities, letting the momentary lapse in mental fortitude open the gate for doubts and anxiety.  Being out of place in your own home, Connor was the newest addition and had more control over...everything.

Everything was out in the open.

You stumbled to the mirror from this morning; the one where you'd projected an armed hunter before leaving on an expedition to cut a tumor with merciless hands.

You'd gotten lost...really lost.

You blinked tiredly, fingers tapping along your bruise, twitching at the sudden tingling sensations that would've hurt a lot worse a few days ago.  It really was a horrible thing to look at.

But it was time to stop beating yourself up.

You'd been stripped bare, and you were still standing.  You'd faced insurmountable odds and overcame them.  And while things may be shitty between you and your friends right now; you knew them well enough to know that, after an apology and maybe a few lunches on you – everything would fall back into place.

You'd put your time in, going through the wringer.  You were clocking out.  Done.

You deserved this...whatever this was, with Connor.  It could be convoluted and confusing and dangerous and at the end of the day, he'd still make you happy.

You'd just returned to the bed when the door opened, and your first reaction was to cover yourself.  To hide that vulnerability. There was a sense of security under your blankets, your sheets, as if you had a private domain with permissions to be granted or denied.

His gaze never left the carpet, his brows stuck in a scowl.  He'd returned to a robotic stillness that'd shown even through his motions.  His chin pressed to his chest as he looked at the box in his hands.

Connor, adorable and new to living as he was, still hadn't mastered...or even tried to master, masking his emotions.  You'd imagined it would take him awhile.

"What's wrong?"  You whispered.

You saw him differently, somehow.  Felt his eyes pull at your heartstrings. The same pair that'd peered into your soul on August 15th with your world in his hands.

"I'm..." His LED blinked, jaw tensing and mouth crooked as he searched for answers, "Nervous."

The spinning ring solidified, and he dropped the purple box on the bed.

"We don't have to do this." You gave him a sincere smile, "I won't be upset, you know."

"No, I...I want to, it's just..." He seemed frustrated by his lack of understanding.

"Come here," You patted the bed, blankets covering you up to your collar bones, "Sit with me."

He nodded and did as you requested, folding a knee over the edge while a foot kept him grounded.  He put his hands in his lap, twisting to face you.

You guided his jacket off his shoulders, holding it so he could retract his arms.  You dropped it to the floor, his blue armband landing next to it.  Your chest leveled out against his back, fingers untangling the knot of his tie.

"You just need to get comfortable." You kissed his cheek, and it bent in a smile.

"You always know what to say." He looked at you from the corner of his eye as you slid the silk out from under his collar, "Thank you."