| 007 - Nightmares |

~
Tim killed my Minecraft Bees... This is war.
~

I feel his claws digging into the skin on my shoulders before I am lifted up into the air, only to immediately be dropped back on to the ground. I groan escapes my lips as I roll on to my side, gasping for air as my body aches.

I am completely helpless, I can't do anything to stop him or to protect myself.

He picks me up again and drops me but this time I don't hit the ground. This time I am thrown into icy water which makes me gasp at impact. Whatever fills my lungs and I try to scream for help as I look up at the surface that is getting farther and farther away.

I try to scream again but nothing is happening. My arms and legs have gone numb due to the freezing November water and the water is slushing around in my lungs. I am drowning.

Then I see a green light appear and I move toward it, using the last of my energetic as I reach for it only for everything to go black.

I gasp when I feel as if everything has been fixed and look around at my surroundings again. I'm in a hospital room, I turn to see the hospital bed but there is no one there. The heart monitor continues though, getting louder and louder until it because to an abrupt stop.

"I am so sorry for your loss Mr Parker," I hear someone say behind me and I look towards where the voice was coming from.

I wake up with a jolt, feeling like I am falling. I sit up and try to catch my breath but right not it seems impossible. It felt so real.

I try to swallow my fear but it only causes my throat to hurt some more. I look around the room at my surroundings and start to panic again. For a second I don't know where I am, then I remember that I got taken yesterday. Or maybe it was today? Sleeping makes me lose track of time but I'll figure it out. I throw my legs over the side of the bed and try to ignore the pounding headache I have as I move towards the door.

I'm fine, it's nothing. Once I near the door a chill runs down my spine and I instantly want to go back to the bed, curl up into a ball and go back to sleep.

At the same time, I want to find Miss Pepper and Mr Stark. I start to shiver but it's probably nothing. I pull one of the blankets off the bed and wrap it around myself before making my way to the door. I find a thermostat by the door and read it. It's warm in here, to protect us from the cold so why am I cold.

I ignore the urges to climb back into the bed as the door slides open by me just touching it. It feels like no metal I have felt before and I make a face. It is probably made out of vibranium for safety reasons or something.

After all, these are the Avengers, right?

I wrap myself in the blanket and step into the hallway. I look down the hallway and see that there are multiple doors on each side. I blink in confusion trying to figure out what to do.

"Do you need help young master Peter?" The voice from before asks and I jump slightly. I look up and down the hall, looking for the person who was speaking. When I don't see anyone in the hall with me I am hesitant on replying. I don't want to talk to what seems like myself but at the same time I want to find Miss Pepper and Mr Stark.

"Mr Stark please," I mumble looking around for the source of the voice. I hold the blanket closer to myself, trying to hide from who ever is talking because if I can't see them why should they be able to see me?

"They are in the kitchen, master Peter," The voice says and I nod. I have no idea where the kitchen is. The person seems to see me not moving and speaks again as I shift my weight from foot to foot. "Left of you, and at the very end of the hall." The voice informs me and I look up at the ceiling because the voice is coming from up there.

The ceiling is talking to me. I laugh a little at the thought. Anything is possible with Mr Stark I suppose.

I nod thankfully and make my way down the hall quietly to the door the voice told me to go to. I turn the corner to the arch and find myself in what looks like a huge living room with one of the walls made of pure glass which overlooks a huge field.

I look around and see another arch that leads into another room. I move towards it and look in to see that it's a kitchen.

Miss Pepper is cooking at the stove while Mr Stark is sitting at the island just talking to her. My eyes travel to an open seat at the table and make my way over to it quietly and they don't notice me as I take a seat.

Suddenly Mr Stark looks over his shoulder at me and jumps a little. "Oh, hey kid. You can't sneak up on me like that." He laughs and I smile back shyly. I pull the blanket around myself because I'm still cold and I feel kind of bad for scaring him.

"Sorry Mr Stark," I mumble and he gets up, a small smile on his face as he pats my back before walking over to the stove to Miss Peppers side.

"Are you ok Pete?" Miss Pepper asks bringing two plates over to the island where I am sitting. I stare at them for a second before realizing that it's eggs.

I nod and keep my eyes on the food. A feeling of disgust enters my mouth making me want to throw up but I resist the urge to gag. That would be rude.

"You want them?" Mr Stark asks, pushing the plate closer to me. The opposite of what I want. "Here," He smiles a little and takes the other plate. I look to Miss Pepper who gives me a soft smile, snacking on some raspberries.

I hesitatingly take the plate and take two bites before feeling like I'm going to throw up. I look to Mr Stark who seems to be studying my every move and he gives me a slightly confused look before shrugging it off. I push the plate away from myself slightly, it's gotten harder to eat since May's death.

I sit in silence as Mr Stark and Miss Pepper talk a little and once Mr Stark finishes his food because I don't want to do anything. I don't want to be rude.

"I'm going to start cooking dinner, Peter you can stay in here with us or can go hang out in the living room," Miss Pepper says and I nod, looking over my shoulder at the huge living room. It's bigger then May's whole apartment.

"You like pancakes Peter?" Mr Stark asks and I nod even though I'm probably not going to eat them. They probably had this dinner planned out so I don't want to mess up their plans. "Ok, you're sure you're ok?" He asks and I nod again a fake smile on my face.

"Tony why don't you take him to the living room?" Miss Pepper suggests and Mr Stark nods, motioning for me to follow after him. I sit down on the huge couch and face the wall where a tv is.

"Here the remote, feel free to watch whatever you want kid," Mr Stark says and I look over at him. "As long as its age appropriate," He trails off looking into the kitchen. I turn to see Miss Pepper looking at him and laugh a little to myself.

He hands me the remote, shooting me one last smirk before walking out of the room.

~

Originally Written: 11/18/19
Republished / Rewritten: 10/13/20
Proofread By: Caitlin A.