Chapter 31

I watch the clock as if my life depends on it.

Four hours till I'm free. Well free with restrictions in the compound but in my eyes free.

The bell rings and everyone starts to file out to head to lunch. I know Dad will be calling me soon because I left early this morning but at the same time he might not be because Friday might've told him. I don't know.

"Hey Mr Evans." I smile slightly walking up to the front of the classroom and hand him the folder of papers I finished this morning.

"Mr Parker." He looks up from his laptop and raises his eyebrows when he sees the folder. "Finished already?"

"Yes sir." He stands up and takes the folder. I stand there for a moment and he looks up at me.

"Very good, Mr Parker. Very good." He gives me a nod of approval. "Now go on. Go to lunch." He smiles and I wave and leave the classroom.

As soon as I close the door, I know something is up. The hall is empty, as far as I can see, so I just keep a walking.

"Hey, Penis Parker! Turn around." I hear Flash yell from down the hall and I hear him walking closer. I try to keep walking away but before I can even take five more steps two twin boys, Zack and Nate Myers, come from around a corner and stand in front of me.

"He said turn around, Parker." Nate looks down at me and I shuffle back a couple steps but refuse to turn and look at Flash.

"That means turn around." Zack adds onto him and I take a deep breathe before stepping back and spinning around to see Flash coming towards me. He has two of his friends with him, Dean and Caden, right behind Flash.

"Afraid you didn't hear me Parker." Flash spites when he gets close enough and I cringe. He laughs and steps back to look at me.

"Gonna do something Parker?" Caden shoves me and I stumble back into the twins. I could do something, but I won't. Even if they are hurting me, I can't hurt them. They can't know about my powers, my senses, my strength, any of it. So I just have to take it all.

"Damn it Parker! Don't fucking touch me." Zack pushes me off him and I fall to the group landing on my hands and knees. I look up at them and they laugh as they look down at me.

Just then the bell rings and their faces go stone cold one by one. Flash raises his eye brows and gives me a look. Dean reaches down and picks me up by the front of my shirt and I flinch.

"Don't worry Parker. We'll see you after school." Dean growls and I want to shrink as he puts me on my feet again. As they all walk by, Flash says something to Caden and the group laughs. Flash turns around and pushes me down again and kicks me in the side.

"Your pretty pathetic, Parker." He spits and walks away with his friends, who are laughing their asses off.

I force myself to stand up once they are down the hall and walk back to my locker. I will still have my seat at lunch thanks to Ned and MJ but I want to drag my feet so I don't run into Flash and his gang again.

Seconds later, the hall is filled with kids heading to lunch and I join the crowd keeping my face down. When I reach where Ned and MJ are sitting they are both doing their own thing. I slide into my seat and Ned looks over at me.

"Peter, where were you man? You missed like half of lunch." Ned gives me a look before sliding me some fries he had gotten from the lunch counter. "They're cold but you look hungry." He says and I take the tray.

"So, why were you late Peter?" MJ asks, looking up from her book and I want to act like I didn't here her but that won't go down well.

"I had to stay back and talk to Mr. Evans." I explain briefly, which in fact isn't a total lie. "Right, Ned?" I look at him and he smiles confusedly.

"Well, yeah. But it shouldn't take like 20 something minutes to talk to the teacher." Ned starts to go on and I jump in real quick.

"It was a lot of work and I was out for a while. He just wanted to catch me up on some things and explain some stuff." I smile at MJ hoping she'll believe me.

"What kind of stuff? Shouldn't you like, know all of this stuff or something." MJ makes a face, clearly unsatisfied with my answer and I just shove fries into my mouth.

"I mean, we have been going over some new things lately. I really thought some of the kids didn't really understand it, so maybe it's just that Mr. Evans just wanted to explain everything again to Peter to make sure he was completely caught up." Ned shrugs and I nod. That sounds like a good enough story and I could definitely play that angle.

Just like that everything looks like it's back to normal, Ned and me are talking about random things like Star Wars and everything else. Meanwhile, MJ just reads her book and listens in, giving her feedback every now and then. This is normal. The normal, I like.

I look up from the fries and see Flash and his friends giving me a look. I look back down quickly and Ned looks at me with a confused look on his face.

"You good, Peter?" He asks and I crack a smile, like I have every single time that this has happened before.

"Yeah, just hungry." My stomach growls in agreement with what I'm saying but I don't feel physically hungry.

"Your so weird." He laughs and MJ shakes her head.

"You both are," She grins slightly before looking up from her book to Ned. "Although, I think Peter is weirder." She says and Ned laughs. I smile and nod my head through the rest of the conversation because my mind is on other things.

Flash and his friends keep looking over to me and laughing. I know they aren't kidding about after seeing me after school, it's just a feeling that my life is only going to get worse from now on and I'm just going to have to deal with it. It's never got this bad before. A couple pushes and shoves here and there but never this bad and it's just starting.

The worst thing is, nothing will ever be done about it. Flash and his gang know what they are doing. They won't get in trouble. No one ever sees anything when it's happening. So what's the point in telling anyone or asking for help and dragging others down with me?

And with that the bell rings, signaling that lunch is over and we have to go back to our classes.

Four classes to go till I am forced to see Flash and his gang and deal with whatever they have planned for me.