| 017 - Breakfast |

~
Forgot about these for a while
~

I sit in the living room with Aunt Nat sitting at my side as she complains with a small grin across her face as she complains about Clint who currently has the remote in his hands. He keeps switching between some recorded show called Big Brother which is, in my opinion, really cool and also The Challenge which is equally as good. We had moved away from the kitchen while Mr Stark and Mrs Pepper finished up the breakfast.

I look over at Mr Bucky as he enters the room and he waves a little as he meets my eyes. He comes to sit down next to me and I give him a small smile as he does so.

"Hey Peter," Mr Bucky smiles and I smile a little a safe feeling washing over me even though he has a metal arm which would kill me within seconds if he wanted it too. I give him a soft smile back and Clint starts to whine about how there are commercials on all of the channels which he calls good as he skips through them. "So do you like it around here so far?"

"It's a bit chaotic." Aunt Nat adds with a little grin which as she looks around the room. My eyes follow hers and I nod a little with a smile across my face to tell her I agree. It might be a little chaotic but I don't mind, I actually quite like it.

"Breakfast," Mr Stark shouts from the kitchen and everyone quickly gets to their feet, moving quickly towards the kitchen. I laugh a little when I see Clint easily jump over the couch in an attempt To get ahead of the others.

"Serve yourselves." Mrs Pepper adds as she comes out of the kitchen holding a plate in her hands. Mr Stark follows closely behind her with two plates in his hands, avoiding the path of the group of people who are in a hurry to go and get some food from the table.

"We got you some food too, kid." Mr Stark tells me and he attempts to hand me the empty plate but I shake my head no. I am not really hungry and I see Mr Stark give Mrs Pepper a small look. She sighs a little looking at me.

"Tell you what, Peter," Mrs Pepper smiles as she sits down in the spot next to me, motioning for Mr Stark to place the plate of food down on the small table. "If you eat then we will tell you something really cool." She tells me with a little brighter smile on her face and I stare at the plate, not really wanting to eat the food on it.

"It is something really cool." Mr Stark adds on to what she had said and I play with the fork which was sitting on the plate. Mr Stark turns his head when the others start coming out and I take a bite of the food but Mrs Pepper gives me a sort of encouraging smile.

"A few more bites please," Mrs Pepper smiles and I stare at it again. My mind races and after a second I decide that I want to know what is so cool that they are so I oblige taking small bites. After a few minutes I eat as much as I can before I feel like I am going to throw my guts up which is nearly half of the plate before looking over at Mrs Pepper again. "You all done?" She asks and I nod, watching as Steve throws something to Mr Bucky. He looks down at it and I realize that it is a newspaper and I am slightly surprised that they still exist.

"So," Mr Stark says, turning his attention back to me with a grin as Mrs Pepper gets up so she can take the plate back to the kitchen. I see everyone's eyes flicker in our direction as I sit there looking at him in silence. "I was thinking about introducing you to the press, only if you want too, of course." He tells me, adding the last bit in after glancing towards the kitchen where Mrs Pepper was standing. "So, what you think?" He asks me and I blink to make sure that this is real.

"You don't have too," Mrs Pepper says coming out of the kitchen and standing behind me. I look up at her with a thankful smile because she isn't forcing me into it but when I look at Mr Stark I also really want to join. "But if you want too then I can set up a press meeting, it can be whenever you want." She explains to me and I nod a little, looking back to Mr Stark.

"We can get you a suit," Mr Stark tells me with a grin across his face like he is really enjoying the idea of having the press conference. Then again from what has always been happening in the normal news and press he likes to be in it. "And Nat can probably get you all fancied up." He laughs a little and I smile some too.

"You're spoiling him Tony." Clint laughs a little and I blush a little. I haven't really been spoiled much because even before Aunt May died, we had been living in short cash, working double jobs and living in our apartment.

"Of course," Mr Stark scoffs with an amused look across his face, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He typed through it for a second then looks back up at me with a grin. He stands up and stretches slightly before messing with my hair. "Why don't you go get dressed Peter, you can help me down in the lab today." He tells me and a grin grows across my face before I nod, heading off to the room to find something to wear.

Originally Written: 12/06/19
Republished / Rewritten: 05/29/21
Proofread By: Carly W.