Chapter 50

"Peter," I hear Dad call my name from the door and I squeeze my eyes shut. Maybe he will just go away, he has in the past. "You have to get up kid." I don't look at him, I don't let myself. A minute of silence follows before he sighs. "At least eat something please." More silence. "Okay, everyone is going out in a bit. Meeting with Fury. We will be home soon but Im sure your Pops would really like it if you would come." I hear the sound of a glass bowl being put down on my bedside table. "Just tell Friday if there is a problem and I'll come right home. I love you." I hear him walk out of my room and shut my door. I roll over to face it when I hear Pops voice.

"How is he?" I hear him ask and I hear Dad sigh.

"He still hasn't moved." He says and there's a few seconds of silence. "At least not much that I can tell." He adds and I take a breath. I haven't left my room in the last week or two, honestly I stopped counting the days. I don't want to do anything anymore. I want to sleep. I'm not hungry anymore. I don't want to be Spiderman anymore. I want to stay here forever.

"He will be okay Tony." I hear Nat reassurance Dad and I shut my eyes. I just want to sleep. I want everyone to leave me alone. "He just needs time."

"He knows we are going out right?" Pops asks and I roll over hiding myself under some more blankets.

"Yes, I'm sure he will be fine." Dad says and I shut my eyes tighter. Go away.

"Does he want to come?"

"I don't think so, Steve." Aunt Nat's voice comes from no where and I open my eyes. "Everyone is downstairs, we are ready to go."

"Oh well. I guess we should get going." Pops sighs and I hear them as they walk down the hallway to the elevator.

I sigh and blink a few times before sitting up and making my way to the bathroom. I wash my face with cold water then take a deep breath. I guess Dad is right, I should get up and move around.

I make my way out of my room and look around at the messy room. The living room is a mess, coffee cups half full put to the side, papers on the floor, snack wrappers all over the place. I sigh and go to lay on the couch and think about the night Dean first let me know he loved me.

The night of the party. The feeling of feeling happy and confident from the alcohol burns in the back of my mind. I haven't felt anything but the pain the runs through me every time I think about Dean so knowing there's a chance I'll feel something, anything, again makes me sit up.

I make my way over to Dad's bar in the kitchen and pick a couple bottles up before heading back to my room.

"Friday, don't let anyone in my room." I say and make my way back through the hall.

"Peter, I'm afraid-" Friday speaks up before I reach my door.

"Friday." I glare at the ceiling and a response comes a minute later.

"Yes sir."

Tony

"That was not only A) pointless but also B) a complete waste of 2 hours, if I don't say so myself." I sigh as we walk out of the Shield building.

"It was honestly." Nat agrees and I shoot her a surprised look.

"You did not just agree with me." I gasp dramatically and she rolls her eyes.

"I take it back now." She states and walks over to her car. She leans on the car's spoiler and Clint walks over to her.

"You can't take it back." I laugh and she shakes her head.

"It's taken back."

"Smooth recovery." Clint laughs and Nat punches him in the arm.

"Shush it, Katniss." Nat grins and jumps up to avoid Clint's hit.

"Wow, cold."

"No fighting in public, you two." Steve says and I shake my head walking around to my side of the car. They act just like children half of the time. Well no, more then half of the time but still. "We'll meet up back at the compound." He says and the team either agree or silently nod.

The drive from the base to the compound is pretty quick with a little bit of traffic so by the time we get home it's almost dinner time.

"I might be able to get him out of his room." I say as we get out of the car and Steve gives me a look.

"Well," He says and thinks for a minute. "If you think he will come out of his room that would be great." He says and I smile.

"Yeah, I know." I grin and he rolls his eyes jokingly as the elevator doors open.

"Your going to get Peter up?" Nat asks sneaking up behind us and making a face her, most likely for not inviting her to go see Peter. "I'm coming with." She says matter of factly and she walks into the elevator.

"Same." Clint adds following after her and standing by her side.

"Yep, me too." Bucky says and I make a face. A bunch of people are going to come with us to see Peter and I don't even really know if he will even come with us.

I walk down the hall but pause at Peter's door when I hear him talking. I haven't heard him talk in what feels like forever.

"And then he died, can you believe that? I really liked him too." I hear Peter stuttering through the door and make a confused face before opening it and my heart dropping. "Go away." Peter looks up when he hears the door open and he makes a face. "Friday your a traitor, tell them to go away." He says and I look at the team behind me.

"Oh, Peter," I mumble and put my hands up to my face.