Chapter 49

"Strange!" I gasp and jump up off my floor. I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. I know Dr Strange can bring him back, Dad said he knew Dr Strange is and that they had talked before but I've never actually got to meet him or see him before. "Karen," I shout for her once I get my suit on.

"Yes, Peter?" She answers and I'm leaning out my window.

"Do you know where Dr Strange is?" I ask knowing she will say yes so I take off towards the city. I mean, where else would a wizard live?

"Yes." She says and I smile knowing I might be able to make this right.

"Take me to him." I say and swing through the city doing all sorts of tricks knowing that I'm making this right. Or at lest I can make it right if I can get Dr Strange to help me.

Within a few minutes, I'm standing outside of a really cool looking building. I feel way better then I have the last couple of days and I have hope. Hope that this will work. It has to work.

"Peter Rogers-Stark," a voice says from in front of me and I jump back a little in surprise. I smile when I see the wizard, I think that's what he is, standing in front of me at the door. "Can I ask why the son of two billionaires is standing in front of my sanctuary at 3 in the morning?" He asks and walks inside of the sanctuary. His cape motions for me to follow and so I do.

I step inside and see that the place is just as cool, if not cooler then the outside gives off. I take off my mask somehow knowing that I can trust Dr Strange. Also because he already knows my name so what's the point in hiding my face from him, it's not like anyone else who wants to kill me will be inside.

"What's this?" I ask once we walk upstairs. The place is filled with cool little old looking things all over the place and books that probably are hundreds of years old. I take a few steps around and look at everything. I go over to touch a pretty looking crystal in the shape of a human skull.

"Crystal of Kadavus. Don't touch it." Strange says sounding unamused. I look back at him and he shrugs. I have no idea how to say that word so I kind of just move on.

"Okay, what about this one?" I ask and walk over to a different thing that looks like a golden gem that's glowing.

"Stone of Hala, don't touch that either." He says and I frown.

"Okay." I say and turn to look back at him.

"What are you hear for Peter?" He asks as he flips through the pages of some book.

"I need help." I simply state trying to see what he is reading but I can't make out the words.

"Continue." Dr Strange says and I find myself in a chair with a drink in my hand.

"Well, oh I don't drink," I say and go to put down the cup but find a can of soda in my hand a second later. "Okay, I lost someone." I say and take a sip of it.

"Yes, Dean King I believe?" Strange says and I nod.

"Yes. I was wondering if you could help me get him back?" I say and he gives me a look. "I mean I don't know if it's even possible but if it is I would do anything to get him back." I ramble and he cuts me off by raising his hand.

"Peter, your asking me to bring someone back from the dead." He simply says and I nod slowly.

"Yeah, yes." I say and nod my head more. "Please." I ask and he shakes his head no.

"Peter, no." He says and I shake my head. "I can't do that," He states and takes a sip of his drink.

"What? Why not?" I ask and he gives me a confused stern look. Like a look Dad would give me if he caught me playing in the lab without him watching me.

"Peter, when people die they have the right to stay dead." He says simply and goes to stand up.

"But, he didn't want to die!" I take a deal breath trying to keep myself from panicking. "Dean didn't want to die!" I cry and Strange gives me a pity look.

"No, he most likely did not but he is gone now. It would be morally wrong for me to bring him back and even if I said yes to bringing him back I'm not sure I would be able to." Strange explains and I put my hands in my face.

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask my chest hurting. My hopes shattered

"Move on." He says his words coming off colder and harsher then they probably meant to be. "Learn to live with it and move on." My eyes tear up and I try to keep myself from trying, not succeeding very well.

"I don't know if I can." I whisper just loud enough so Dr Strange can make out the words.

"I'm sorry Peter." He apologizes and I shrug half heartedly. My head hurts but my chest hurts more.

"It's okay. I'm going to go now." I say and start to stand up but he beats me to it.

"I'll teleport you back to your room." He says and a minute later I find myself in my room. I look around briefly and see that my bed is still unmade and the mess of things I through earlier is still there.

My legs give in and I try to make my way over to my bed. I let out a shaky breath and force myself to change back into the sweatpants I was wearing earlier. I pick up Deans sweatshirt from the pile of clutter that is sitting on my floor still and put it on before I crawl into my bed.

I let out another breath I didn't know I was holding and I fall apart.