Chapter 27

Peter

I am getting sick of being stuck at the tower twenty four seven. I can't go on patrol, I can't  go out of the living space in the tower but it's not like I don't like being surrounded by my family. It's just that over the last two weeks I had found less and less stuff around the tower to entertain me.

I sit upside down on the couch because I am bored when Dad and Pops finally come up from some Avengers meeting downstairs with Nick Fury and Maria Hill or whoever. They have been down there for what seems like hours but I'm sure it was only an hour or two but it felt like forever.

Dad sits down on the couch next to where I would be sitting and Pops raises an eyebrow at me but I can see the smile on both of their faces so I turn around and sit on my bottom.

"Hey Pete. What's up?" Pops asks and I sit down in between them.

"I am bored. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk." I grin and Dad laughs. Pops gives us both a slightly confused look but shrugs it off and I can already see him asking Friday to look up what a Ted Talk is later.

"How would you feel about going back to school?" Pops asks and I feel my heart drop. I wasn't ready to go back to school and I didn't want to as much, maybe even more, then I wanted to stay here at the tower for the rest of my life. I force myself to smile without making it seem too forced because after all I will get to see Ned and MJ, two of my friends.

"That would be great." I smile looking at Dad and he smiles back.

"Great, I already talked to Bruce he said that we could start you as soon as tomorrow as long as we talk to your principal first." Dad explains and I nod.

"So you wanna start tomorrow or when?" Pops asks and I think for a minute. Guess there is no avoiding this.

"Yeah, I'm good to start tomorrow if that's good with you guys. Just please don't make a scene about me being your kid please." I beg them and they share a confused look but nod like they understand. "Thank you, I love you guys. Your the best." I hug them before jumping up and rushing off to my room.

I crash in my bed and bury my face in my pillow. I'm not ready to go back and I'm certainly not ready to go face certain people. I blink back tears and tell Friday to play some music so I can consecrate on something else rather then what I am going to have to go through tomorrow.

Steve

"I thought you said he was excited about going back to school?" I ask Tony and he shrugs.

"He seemed excited about it not that long ago, not a lot could have changed." He explains and down at him.

"He seemed kind of stressed or nervous."

"Well duh, it's going to be his first day back to school in like a month." Tony sighs and I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, I guess that could be it." Just then I hear the elevator open and give Tony a look that says we will talk about it later and he nods which, hopefully, means he understands. But even if he understands doesn't really mean he will listen because well, he's Tony.

Clint walks in and glances around the room probably looking for either his arrows which he managed to loose again or Peter. There's a likely chance that he might be looking for both at the same time knowing him.

"Where's Peter?" He asks and Tony smiles. Clint and Peter has gotten pretty close over the last couple weeks after Peter has been on Bruce's version of house arrest. Together we all learned they could cause some chaos which is funny unless you are the victim of their usually harmless pranks.

"He went to his room, I think he's tired or stressed or a mix of the two." Tony answers and I nod agreeing with him.

"Makes sense. What did he think about the going back to school idea?" Natasha asks and I glance at Tony which I'm sure Nat caught.

"He seemed good with it. Like I said he's probably tired." Tony shrugs and goes to reach for the remote but Nat gets to it first. She crosses the room and sits a couple feet away from me and turns on some new Disney movie.

Everyone goes off to do their own thing or watch the movie and as we watch the movie. I look up on instinct, and see Pete standing at the door to the hallway watching the Tv.

Peter

"Peter?" I hear Friday's familiar voice call over the music.

"Yeah?"

"Your Dad and Pops are watching Big Hero 6 with your Aunt Nat and Clint out in the living room if you would like to join them." Friday responds and I roll onto my back.

"How far into the movie are they?" I ask and sit up and move to my closet to change into a pair of grey sweatpants and a black tee shirt.

"Not too far, I suggest you join."

"Yeah, yeah Im going." I grumble and grab a blanket off my bed before making my way down the hall.

It's dark and I can hear the movie from the the end of the hall but I stop at the door when I see the colorful characters running around in screen.

Pops looks over at me and smiles. "Hey Peter."

I see Dad and Aunt Nat look over at me and Aunt Nat moves over so there is more space between Dad and Pops.

I look over at Clint who is searching the couch cushions for something and he looks up and waves with a grin on his face before he goes back to looking.

"Wanna sit?" Dad asks patting the space between him and Pops.

"Yeah, thanks." I smile and sit down to watch the movie with them, over time I watch as different others, Wanda, Bucky, Bruce and even Thor get distracted by the colorful movie and decide to sit down and watch the movie with the rest of us.