Chapter 36

The house, if that was what it you would call it, is buzzing with life. The huge building is located right outside of Queens and had at least an acre of land around it meaning the neighbors of the Dean King's family were far enough to not hear the party going on.

Teens are talking loud and the music is blasting even louder which is throwing off my spider senses and at this point I am just ready to go home but Ned had practically begged me to come to the party with him. I look to Ned who is smiling happily and he looks around the room.

"I'm.... you... Flash... I'll... right..." He says and that's all I can make out before he walks away, going into another room and disappearing from my sight.

Okay then...

I walk around, watching my back but after I while I let my guard down after not seeing any of Flash's friend group. I talk to a handful people and I walk past a few drinking games and a couple of people try to get me to join in but I tell them that I'll play later.

I end up picking up a drink after a half hour of being bored and not doing anything and start walking around sipping it. The alcohol burns the back of my throat but the more I drink the less it burns.

As I'm drinking my second cup, I get a phone call but it's on vibrate so only I feel it ringing. I back up so I can see who is calling but I end up running into someone.

"Hey watch what your doing! You made me spill my drink!" A voice says but the words are slightly slurred. The guy, who I can now recognize as Dean himself, turns around and an annoyed look on his face switches automatically to a soft smile when he sees me. "Oh hey Parker. Didn't think you'd show up."

"Well, I'm here." I smile and he brings me into the conversation with the group of his friends he was talking to. I meet a handful of girls who are clearly just interested in getting into Dean's pants but there a few other guys who I talk and laugh with. I end up talking to this guy, Wade, more then the others because he's just funny and it's just stupid yet entertaining at the same time. We end up exchanging numbers and half way through a conversation with the whole group about a new movie that just dropped, Dean looks at me his expression cold and he looks confused as he focuses his eyes on me.

"I'm gonna go get another drink." I laugh and start to walk away, trying to get away from Dean. I don't trust that look.

"Wait up. I'll come with you." Dean calls and I keep walking so he has to walk a bit fast to join me as I walk to the drinks table.

I grab another cup of whatever is in the bowl and start to walk away but Dean catches my arm. I meet his eyes and it's almost as if there is a fire burning under the icy blue of his eyes.

"This way." He says and leads me to the staircase. We walk up two stories and go into a hall way away from the others out in the huge room before he talks to me again. I finish my drink in a few gulps ignoring the burning in the back of my throat. "Parker, can I ask why the fuck you are here?" He says his voice cold as ice and I back up against the wall.

"Because I wanted to come." I say not being able to process my thoughts properly, knowing that the only reason I'm saying anything is because of the drinks I've had tonight.

"For gods sake Parker. I know your fucking smart." He says rubbing his face with his hands. "You knew something was up so why the fuck are you here?" He growls, looking back down at me but I refuse to back down.

"Like I said. I wanted to be here." I say and cross my arms, locking my eyes with his and he laughs lightly.

"No you don't." He says and I make a face, not letting him know that I'm only here for Ned.

"You don't fucking know me Dean." I snap back and he raises an eyebrow in what seems like shock at my response.

"How much you want to fucking bet?" He shoots back and then it's my turn to be surprised.

"Why are you talking to me?" I turn to walk away but he grabs me by the arm, making me look at him. I sigh and lean back against the wall again.

"Because I know what these fucking retards are planning on doing, y'know they were going to do something stupid because your not a fucking idiot, and I'm trying to fucking protect your stupid ass because you still wanted to come to this scuffed party." He says, leaning forwards so we are closer to eye level and I can smell the alcohol on his breath. I know I should walk away before this turns into something bigger but right now I don't want to.

"I don't need your fucking protection Dean. I can handle myself." I say and he grins, stepping back with an amused look on his face.

"You weren't saying that two days ago." He laughs and I roll my eyes because he really just went there.

"That meant nothing. You said it yourself." I spit back and he crosses his arms, the smirk wiped from his face. "You were the one who let that happen so why did you go back for me? Why are you telling me that your friends are planning on doing something to me? You obviously don't care." I shake my head, trying to get the fogginess out of my head so I can think straight but I give up after a few seconds.

"First off Parker-"

"It's Peter. My name is Peter," I hesitate knowing that I almost told Dean, someone who is on Flash's team, that I was related to the Avengers. "Parker." I snap as I finish and at the end I realize that my name really isn't Peter Parker anymore.

"Okay. First off Peter," Dean says looking down at me, his words harsh as he fixes what he originally said, and I try to back up more to put space between us but a wall is in the way. "They aren't my fucking friends. I am only fucking hanging out with them is because of my father and Flash's have a deal and that's not something I need to get into right here, right now. And I went back for you because I do fucking care about your stupid ass and that's exactly why I'm telling you about their stupid fucked up plan."

"No you fucking don't, King." I look up at him, my head getting foggier by the second but I refuse to back down and clearly he's not going to either. I pick up a drink from the table next to us in the hall and finish it in a couple gulps before dropping it back onto the table. At this point the drink doesn't even burn anymore but with each time I take a sip of a drink.

"You are so stupid Parker." He says and I go to walk away to get another drink because this is stupid and I need to find Ned so we can leave but he catches my arm, making me look back at him. "No." He says and I go to say something but before I can his lips meet mine. He puts both his hand on the sides of my head and the kiss lingers. At first I'm confused but then I feel happy and safe, and I kiss him back. "Like I said. So stupid." He says and I can't help but smile, really smile, for the first time in what seems like forever as he pulls me in for another kiss.