Chapter 47

"Dad!" I scramble up and rush out of my room almost falling on my face. "Dad!" I yell and burst into the living room again. Everyone in the room stops what they are doing and looks at me, looks of pure confusion across all of their faces.

Everyone is doing something they would normally do. Nat is watching some crime show, probably Bones, she loves Bones. Clint is shooting arrows up where Wanda is stopping them before they hit the ceiling which Dad is probably grateful for, even if he won't admit it. Pops is reading the news paper and talking with Bucky and Dad is playing some game on his Stark Tablet.

"You okay, Peter?" He asks putting his tablet down, walking over to me. "What's wrong?"

"Where is Dean?" I ask and everyone looks away from me but I don't acknowledge it. "Dad, where is Dean?" I ask and he looks into my eyes.

"Peter," He starts but seems like he can't say what he is thinking.

"Where is he?" I repeat myself looking around my room. Maybe he went to the bathroom or is a guest room or something.

"Deans gone." Dad says and I look up at him confused. What is he talking about?

"No, he's not. Shut up." I laugh and he gives me a confused look so I explain. "He wouldn't leave without telling me." I smile and he looks like he's in pain.

"Peter."

"Did he go home?" I ask and look around the room again. Everyone's eyes are locked on us, me specifically.

"Help?" Dad says looking back at everyone else and Pops walks over to us. When Dad and Pops look back at me, they look like they are upset. I give them a confused look but shake it off because I need to find Dean and apologize for everything. I need to tell him I love him and that everything will be okay.

"He's fine right?" I ask Pops because Dad isn't giving me an answer. Dad gives me a hug but I don't look at him.

"Peter."

"Right?" I take a step back and look around the room. I want someone to answer. Anyone to answer, to tell me he is okay and where I can find him. "Fine," I state trying to keep the panic in my voice hidden. Why aren't they telling me? Maybe he just needs some time to heal and maybe Bruce said it wasn't okay for anyone to go see him yet. I'll just have to find a way to see him or just wait to see him at school. "If you guys don't want to tell me I'll just see him at school." I state and when no one responds I look around confused. Pops nods and Dad puts a hand on my shoulder, I look up to him and notice that I'm only a couple inches shorter then him but I'm catching up. Soon, hopefully, I won't be the shortest in the team.

"Your not going to school anymore Pete. I'm going to homeschool you for a bit." Dad says and I make a face. I was actually starting to be okay with school, things with Flash we're getting better, I was able to see MJ and Ned and Dean and hang out whenever.

"What?" I ask confused and Pops walks back to the couch turning off the tv and sitting down with Dad following after him.

"Peter, come here." Pops says and motions for me to sit down next to him.

"Okay? I need to go see Dean though." I say and make my way across the room. I stand at the edge of the couch and try to take in everything around me.

"Deans dead Peter." Dad says and I stumble back a few feet. I look at him then everyone around the room. No one will meet my eyes.

"No, he's not." I shake my head laughing lightly. "No he's not." I say when no one laughs with me. I look around at their faces and shake my head no.

"Peter," Dad says but I cut him off.

"He's not dead, Dean isn't dead." I say my breathing speeding up. Why are they doing this? This isn't funny. I don't like it.

"Peter, he is. I'm sorry." Pops says and I back up away from them. We've all played jokes and pranks on each other but why would they do this? It hurt.

"No, no, no, where is he?" I say and try to make eye contact with the other but when I do they just look upset. "Where are you guys hiding him?" I ask my voice rising by the second.

"Peter, calm down, please."

"No! Where is he Nat?" I spin around to face her. She's not going to lie to me. She knows where he is and she'll let me see him.

"Peter," She tries to give me a sad smile but I back up a bit more.

"He's not dead. He's not dead. He's not dead." I repeat myself trying to get it through their heads. No one will meet my eyes now and I want to scream.

"I'm sorry Peter." Nat says and I dont know how to respond or what to say. This isn't happening. It isn't real. Dean isn't dead.

"No!" I shake my head and rush into the hall. I struggle to breath and hear Aunt Nats voice be the first to speak as I make my way down the hall to my room.

"Let him go, Tony."

I sink to the floor once my door shuts my try to breath.

My chest hurts and I feel like I'm going to throw up but I don't move.

I don't know what to do, Dean can't be dead.

I don't know what to do other then cry. I put my hand over my mouth because I don't want anyone coming in when I'm crying. My head hurts and can't catch my breath so I'm hyperventilating making my chest hurt more.

I'm so confused.

I don't know what to do.

So I cry.