Chapter 32

I glance down the hall as I pack my stuff into my backpack. It's the end of the day and maybe, just maybe, if I get out of the building before they see me I can get away without Flash or his gang noticing. I look back into my locker and jump when someone is now leaning on the one next to me.

"Not so fast, Parker." Dean smiles, and puts a hand on my shoulder. He roughly leads me away from my locker and away from the exit of the building.

"Where we going, Dean?" I look behind me to see that it's only us in the hall. "That's your name right?" I ask and I see him smirk a little.

"Where Flash told me to take you." He says monotone and then meets my eye. "And yeah, my names Dean."

We walk in silence for a minute or so then he leads me towards the gym and I mess. I look around when we enter the huge gym and I stop moving but Dean pushes me forwards a little bit.

"Locker room." Is all he says and I nod. There is no point in fighting against him without using my powers, he's taller and has more muscles then me and is most likely fast too.

The locker room is huge, I mean after all the locker room has to fit a class of 30 or so reckless boys. Once I enter, Dean let's go of my shoulder and I swear I see him give me a friendly smile before his face goes blank. He shows no emotions again, maybe I was just seeing things.

"Hey, Parker." Flash says from the middle of the room and laughs. His friends, minus Dean, stand around him as he sits on a bench. "Long time, no see." He grins and I try to take a step back only to be stopped by Dean.

"What do you need Flash?" I ask, wanting to run but Dean is standing beside me and if I escaped him without using my powers, I will still have to deal with this tomorrow.

"Don't play dumb Parker." He sighs and waves at me. "That'll only make this worse, for you." He laughs and the other boys step forwards.

I back up slightly and Dean grabs my arm. I look up at him and see his blue eyes are cold with no emotion, as far as I can see. He uses his other hand to move his dirty blond hair out of his face after I step forwards again.

"Have at him." Flash says and begins to play on his phone, looking like he doesn't really care what happens as long as he's inflicting pain to me.

Nate steps forward, followed by Zack. I don't know who throws the first punch. All I know is that it's a solid punch to my ribs and is followed by more.

In no time, my knees buckle and I hit the floor. I use my arms to cover my head and tuck my knees to my chest. Even with the protection I have manage to keep, I fall loose.

The kicking and punching, gets worse causing me to flinch in pain with every hit and with every hit my grip on trying to protect myself loosens. I yelp and wait for the next hit, waiting for it to stop.

"That's enough. I'm bored." Flash says monotone before he smiles. "Wait, Caden. Where is that bucket?" He asks, disgusting excitement filling his voice. I don't open my eyes though. I refuse to. I won't let them see the pain in my eyes.

"It's right here. Why?" Caden says his voice getting quieter and softer as he goes.

"Don't ask questions. Go fill it with water, make it cold." Flash says venom in his voice. The silence is painful then I hear footsteps heading away from us. More silence and then footsteps coming back, this time accompanied by the sound of water splashing around in a bucket.

Next thing I know, I am hit with a literal wave of ice cold water that send my body into shock. My limbs decide to stop moving and it's like a nightmare I have had before.

I hear laughter and the bucket, metal based off the sound it gave off, hitting the stone floor of the locker room. My head pounds. My everything hurts. I touch my head and feel a newer, thicker, familiar liquid that isn't water.

"How are you feeling Parker?" Flash's voice comes from somewhere from above me. It echoes around in my head, making it ten times worse then it would normally be. "Any smart comments you'd like to make?" He laughs sharply, followed by the others laughter.

"Stop." I grumbled and they fall silent. I still don't open my eyes. It comes out of nowhere. A sharp pain, right in the middle of my back that makes me yelp louder and he laughs.

"Stop what, Parker?" He laughs and the other boys laugh with him. "Do you not like this?" He asks and I shake my head no, hiding my face from them. I bit my lip trying to keep myself from screaming and breaking down completely but it doesn't stop everything. Tears well up in my eyes and the ones who escape leave trails down my face before they fall into the puddle of icy water around me.

My whole body shakes not only because of the freezing cold that I can't escape, but the pain that I'm trying to keep inside of me. My whole body is numb from the cold, yet at the same time it is burning with the pain that they have inflicted onto me.

"Wanna say anything else, Parker?" Flash's voice says from directly above and another hit comes. I hold my breath, hoping it's the last.

I feel hopeless. I don't know what to do, other then pray and that's something I've been doing a lot.

"Exactly. This is what you are Parker. Nothing." He laughs and I hear a couple of the other laugh along with myself and the hits keep coming from him. "Your weak. You are nothing to anyone. Why do you think they all left you?" He asks and somehow that breaks me the most.

Because I believe it.

Somehow I hear the footsteps of all of the boys walking away. I let myself take a few deep breaths and try to calm myself down. I can't do it though. My body refuses. I don't know if it's the cold from the water or the heat coming from my pain but something is stopping me. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I am just weak and nothing to anyone.

Then I hear it.

Footsteps coming back towards me.