Chapter 41

"Call me if anything happens, okay Peter?" Aunt Nat looks over at Midtown then back to me. "And I mean anything mister." She pokes me and I can't help but return the smile she's giving me.

"I promise I will," I say as I grab my bag off of the car floor. "Love you," I smile as I lean back in my seat.

"Love you too, kid." She says and I look through my bag making sure I have everything for today. "Also don't flunk that quiz or Tony will have my head." She laughs and I raise my eyebrows because Tony Stark has no chance against Natasha Romanoff.M

"He can try." I laugh and she nods without hesitation.

"Very true, now go." She grins and lightly pushes me out of her car. I smile and make my way up to the school. Nat had already called the school while I was in the car and told them I was going to be late because of a family emergency then when she hung up told me that the only way to fix the emergency was ice cream. I head straight to my locker and throw my stuff into it.

The bell rings just as I'm heading to class and the hall fills up with kids heading to their fourth period class. I make my way down the hall, particularly ready for this quiz and look for Ned as I walk because, knowing him, he thinks I'm dead again or something.

Natasha

I watch as Peter climbs out of the car and walks up the stairs into the highschool. I sit there for a minute thinking in silence before knowing what I should do before driving off.

"Hey, Friday?" I say once Peter gets into the school building. I keep my eyes locked on the door just in case the kid comes running out of the building wanting me to take him home. Or in case the school throws a temper tantrum worse then Bruce's.

"Yes Miss Romanoff?" Friday's voice comes through the cars speakers and I watch as a few teens sneak out of the school. If I wasn't busy I'd drag them back into the building by their hair but I got better things to do.

"Run a scan on crime rates in the area." I look to the dashboard, watching as the holographic city builds itself up followed by the shades of red, orange and yellow to show were crime is.

"Looking for anything specific?" Friday asks and I use my hand to spin the city a little so I have a better overview of it.

"No just..." I draw out my sentence clicking on the bright red spots on the hologram. "Curious."

"Putting car onto auto drive." I hear Friday say and the car starts to move before she speaks up again. "Mister Stark, is requesting you to come back to the base."

"Yeah, thanks." I mumble not really paying attention.

"He says hurry."

"Tell him to shut up." I click on another red spot, and more videos and reports of crime show up over top of the city.

"Already done, Miss Romanoff." Friday says and I smirk.

Peter

"Dude! What made you late?" Ned asks as we leave our Spanish class. I was a few minutes late to it so we didn't really have a chance to talk because of our quizzes and everything.

"Aunt Nat." I shrug and he gives me a confused look. I shake my head remembering that he doesn't really know their real names.