| 019 - Suit |

~
Mother dearest brought a present for me!
~

I wake up and look around at my surroundings, my eyes quickly adjust to the lights which are making the main room bright. A small confused frown crosses my face when I look around and see that I'm the only one in here but when I sit up and look over my shoulder I see Nat for a quick second before she is hidden again by the sofa. I shift so I can look over the back of the sofa and see her properly again.

I tilt my head slightly and she looks at me with a grin across her face before she shows me her Nerf gun. A wave of realization washes over me as I understand that she is waiting for someone. I think of how I could get someone's attention before giving her a small smile and climb off of the couch, making my way across the room and to the hall.

I make eye contact with Mr Start who is talking to Mr Steve in the hall and wave once before disappearing back into the living room. I hear him following after me after saying something to Mr Steve as I rush back to the sofa, giving Nat a small nod to let her know that Mr Stark is on the way.

"You good kid?" Mr Stark asks as he walks into the room and I grab the Nerf gun which had been hidden in the couch from the night before that must have been placed there and quickly forgotten about. I have stop myself from grinning as I fidget with it in my hand. Instead I give him a small smile and he crosses the room to come sit down but before he has the chance we open fire at him. "Fair enough," He laughs a little as the fake bullets hit him and I laugh a little under my breath as well. "Other then that, now that you are awake, are you ready for today?" He asks and I hesitate for a second, not sure what he is talking about but nod a second later. He and Ms Pepper wanted to do a press meeting or something today I think, something along the lines of introducing me to the public. "Great, go get dressed and I am sure Pepper is getting the rest of the team." He smiles and I nod again before taking my Nerf gun and making my way out of the room.

I enter the room which they had given me and look around again, now able to see the room a little better. As I look around though I find a suit which had clearly been laid out for me and I look at it some more. It's a dark blue with a white undershirt and red tie which has the symbol of Stark industries on it. I get the message almost immediately and that is that I'm supposed to look put together and pretty much like Mr Stark.

I stare at the suit again and my mind can't help but wonder to how much this suit must have cost. My mind also goes to the fact that May would have been the person to buy me a suit for homecoming or something along those lines. I wonder what colors she would of chosen for me and what she would have made me do to look nice for my date or even just made me and Ned look at the least presentable. The thought of Ned and I messing around in suits makes me smile a little and I pick up the suit, making my way into the bathroom which is connected to my room.

I slowly get dressed, trying not to mess up the outfit and I'm the end I think that I look decent at minimum although it still is rather expensive for my taste. I run into a problem though as I am going through on last details which is the tie. I try maybe three times on it before giving up and deciding that I could probably ask for help from someone in the compound because surely someone here knows how to tie a tie.

I walk through the hall again and when I enter the living room again I see that Mr Stark and a few other members of the Avengers are standing around. I admire them for a second because these are my childhood heroes and they are all dressed up in front of me but then I remember what I'm doing and hold up the tie, award that my face is going slightly pink at the idea of asking for help.

"Need help?" Mr Steve eventually asks and I nod once, not meeting his eyes because I really should know how to tie a tie at fifteen but I never really got the chance to learn. When he sees me nod, he makes his way across the room and shows me how to do it with a soft smile across his face as I watch carefully. I give him a bright smile as he steps back and he seems to understand. "It's nothing," He tells me as he messes with my hair slightly and a smile breaks across my face even brighter then before.

"Come on you guys," Ms Pepper speaks up from where she had been talking to Mr Stark and I look over at her. She is also dressed up in a pretty dress and when she sees me looking at her she gives me a smile. "We've got a press meeting in less then five minutes." She smiles and with that everyone leaves the room and I stick closely to her side as we head for the elevator.