Chapter 46

"Peter?" I hear someone calling my name. I don't care, I'm not moving. I'm not leaving Dean. He will, we will be fine.

"Peter!" I'm not moving, go away.

"Oh my god." A voice gasps and I hear footsteps rushing towards me.

"I've got him." Another voice says and I feel a hand appear on my shoulder.

"Peter, kid, you've got to come with us." Someone says and lightly tries to pull me away from Dean. I tighten my grip on him and shut my eyes.

"No!" I scream through my tears and the people around me talk in whispers. I don't open my eyes, I can't.

"Is he..?" I hear someone say and I shake my head no. He isn't dead. He's going to make it. I need to help him. Who ever is here needs to help him.

"No! Save him!" I scream as hands try to pry me away from Dean. "I can save him!"

"Peter," They voice begs their voice filled with pain and I shake my head.

"No! Let me go! Let me go! I need to save him! Let me go!" I scream and feel trying to pull me off of Dean. I grip his shirt in my hands, I won't let go, I'm not going anywhere.

"Peter," Someone whispers, their voice light and someone pulls my fingers away from Deans shirt.

My sight goes dark as I scream and I keep screaming until I can't anymore.

I wake up in my room at the compound. It's too bright but I could care less. I look up at the ceiling and put my hands in my face before remembering. My body is awake, restless. I feel like I need to move but I don't want to.

I sit up in bed and put my hands over my head as emotions and this feeling rushes over me. I don't feel good. My chest hurts, my stomach is turning and I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I look at my hands and let out a shaky breathe when I see they are stained dark. I look in a mirror across the room and see I'm no longer in my suit but I suddenly feel worse then I did before.

"Good morning Peter." Friday says and I try to breath. I try to think about last night, the details are blurry. I can't think straight. I shut my eyes trying to focus on my thoughts. "Would you like me to alert your family that you are awake?" She asks and I open my eyes.

I nod and grab Dean's sweatshirt off the end of my bed, where I left it before the gala. The room spins slightly but I shake it off, I need to move. Need to get out of this room. I need to take a shower and wash the blood off my hands. Wash Deans blood off my hands.

I struggle to breathe as I walk my way over to my bathroom. I undress and climb into the shower, the warm water feeling strange on my skin.

I watch as my hands slowly return back to their normal color and I let out a muffled sound as I watch it go down the drains.

I dry off and wonder into the living room and see everyone is in there. I stand at the door and watch what they do, listening in on what they are saying. Or at least trying to. My mind keeps wondering and I can't focus on anything.

"Peter," Dads voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I see everyone is staring at me. I don't know how long they've seen me standing here but it seems like it's been at least for a few seconds. "Wanna sit?"

"Uh, yeah." I mumble and make my way across the room. I sit down next to Dad and Clint. They are all talking and keep looking at me and I find myself holding my breath by accident.

"You okay?" Dad looks over at me, concerned.

I nod and the conversations around me continues. I can't focus on the topic though, I just watch as they talk. I don't give my input on anything they are talking about. Everything around me just seems to be happening, I feel like I'm just watching. Like nothing I do will change anything.

Everyone I love has always ended up getting hurt. May, Dean, Ben, my parents, everyone. I look around me at the Avengers who are deep in conversation and I can't hurt them. They are my family, the people who took me in and helped me with my powers and everything that has happened up till this point. I know what I have to do to keep them safe.

"I'm going to my room," I mumble and stand up. Everyone looks at me as I make my way around the couch and Dad is the one who speaks up.

"But," He starts but I cut him off. I'm not staying, I'm going to my room and going to find something to do in there.

"Tired." I lie and I get a few unconvinced glance.

"Didn't you just wake up?" Dad pushes and I shrug shuffling towards the door a bit more.

"Let him go Tony." Nat says and I duck my head heading back to my room. The room is still too bright making my head spin.

"Friday, can you close the windows." I ask and sit down on my bed. The room gets darker within a second or so but my head still pounds.

I see my phone on the floor and reach to pick it up. The screen glows dimly and I can see the battery is everything but dead. The screen is a picture of me and Ned at a Stark Convention a couple years ago with Aunt May and Uncle Ben. My There is a notification over the screen and I hesitate before clicking it.

Dean King: Why didn't you tell me?