Chapter 24

Peter

"I'm over here," I groan and I see Dads head look in my direction.

"Peter?" Bruce walks over and looks down at me. "What are you doing on the floor?" He asks and I muster a innocent smile.

"I was tryna get my phone," I smile a little and he shakes his head copying the smile slightly.

"Did you hit anything?" Bruce smiles and I shake my head no. "Can you stand?" He asks and I roll my eyes jokingly.

"Why else would I be on the floor?" I ask weakly and his smile grows a little before he helps me stand up.

I sit in the edge of the bed and look over to the door where Dad and Pops are still standing. I can see all of the other people in our family standing behind them.

"Hey." I smile and I watch as they smile back.

"Hey Peter, how are you feelin-" Pops smiles and comes closer but he's cut off by Dad.

"Peter Benjamin Rogers-Stark, don't you ever do something as stupid as you did again. Do you know what could've happened? You could have died." Dad says and I feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "And if you would have died you know how upset we would have been. And if you died... I feel like that's on me." He finishes and I see that's he's right in front of me. "Just, don't do something like that again." He sighs and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry." I mumble and wipe the tears from my face.

"You've got nothing to be sorry about Pete." Pops says and gives me a smile as Dad sits on the corner of my bed.

"Think in no time, you'll be back to running around the tower with me and training with Nat and having all sorts of fun." I hear a voice from the door and I could practically hear the grin that is plastered onto his face.

"Yeah, causing all sorts of trouble."

I look over and see Aunt Nat, Bucky, Clint, Vision and Wanda crammed in the hall and laugh a little. The laugh sends a wave of pain through my stomach and I cringe and I can see Pops give me a concerned look so I look back to the door.

"You should be better within the next few days." Bruce assures me and I smile.

"Cool,"

"That means that you will also be able to go back to school." Wanda grins and I scrunch up my face. I don't want to go back to school, I mean yeah I miss some things but there also some things at that school that I wouldn't miss much if I never went back.

"Do I have too?" I ask innocently and see Dad mouth 'no' to me with a grin in his face while Pops says shakes his head yes. I grin look around the room. "How long have I been... gone?" I ask and the room suddenly seems colder then it was a few seconds ago.

"Well, you were... gone for a week and a half and you haven't... woke up for two weeks." Bruce explains and I can't help but notice how long I've been disconnected from the world.

Almost a month.

Suddenly it hits me that if I was gone for a month people could very clearly think that something happened to Spiderman because he hasn't been around. Or they could think that he has given up. That's the exact opposite of what I want them to think.

"Peter, are you okay?" Pops asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm fine just tired." I yawn and Bruce writes something down on a clipboard.

"We can leave or you can come upstairs to your room if that's okay." Dad looks to Bruce and he nods.

"I really think he should stay in here for now but you guys can visit anytime you want. I'll take the locks off the doors." Bruce smiles assuringly and looks to me.

"That's fine." I try to sound positive for the others as I lean on Bruce and try to stand up to give Pops and Dad a hug. At first, I feel fine but after a few seconds I feel dizzy and feel like I'm going to throw up. Bruce sets me back down in bed and I smile slightly.

Pops gives me a hug followed by Dad and then they wave with all of the other Avengers promising they will visit every time they get the chance.

Aunt Nat tells me upstairs is a mess, and not like your normal people-who-often-act-like-children live here mess but busy people who are too busy to clean up kind of mess. I laugh at it though, it makes it feel like now that I'm home, even if I'm in the grey hospital looking room, that they'll be able to function a little more normally.

Pops and Dad bring me to some stuff from room and I grin at the pile of my belongings in their hands. They brought me my laptop and some of the blankets from my bed upstairs.

"Welcome home kiddo." Dad smiles and I feel relieved that they aren't making this a huge deal. I remember when they tried to have a press conference to announce me their adopted son but it didn't go as planned. We ended up leaving before it even started and I didn't even think about how the public had reacted.

I wonder what Ned has thought when he heard I was adopted by two billionaire superheroes. He probably fanboyed out to be honest.

"You okay?" Pops asks and I smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"We'll be our in the living room if you need any of us, you know who to tell." Dad points to the ceiling and I here Pops chuckle under his breath.

"Yeah," I laugh and he smiles. "Love you guys"

"Love you too Pete." Dad smiles before walking to the door.

"Get some sleep Peter." Pops adds before following him and shutting the door behind them.

Trust me, I tried to sleep. I really did, but I decided to call Ned instead because I really didn't feel like going to sleep again. After all, I've been asleep for weeks. The phone rang twice before he answered.

"Peter!" Ned practically yells into the phone,

"Hey, Ned. How's it going?"