45. serendipity

Landen had explained mostly everything to me. We were in fact, at-rather in Mount Weather. Some of their men, "Mountain Men" had seen the explosion from our drop ship and had come to see what it was. That's when they saw all of us.

I nodded along as I listened. What he was telling me made sense and it sounded perfect. We were safe here. There was food, running water, heat and most importantly, no Grounders.

But as he spoke, the feeling of unease tried to crawl its way to the surface. I didn't know if it was because of my missing friends and brother or because I didn't trust this place. Either way, I had learned not to rely too heavily on seemingly perfect things.

"You okay?" Landen asked when he noted the distant look on my face.

We came to a stop as he hit a button for what I assumed was an elevator. I took this chance to let out a sigh, "Yeah, I'm just worried."

The elevator doors opened and we stepped in, "Worried about what?"

I looked over at him. His eyes were a mixture of blue and green and they were currently boring into mine.

"I barely know you, and I don't fully trust you,-"

Landen cracked a smile, "I don't fully trust you either if that makes you feel any better."

"Great." I paused, deciding whether or not to open up to him. I decided I might as well. "I'm going to share with you what's worrying me, so please don't make me regret trusting you."

Landed nodded, "I won't, I promise."

I pushed my back against the wall of the elevator, "Some of my friends weren't with us when your men came. I-" I let out a quick breath, "I think they might be dead."

Landen was studying my expression as he spoke, "You care about these people a lot?"

I nodded, "More than anything."

The elevator came l a halt as he stepped out, waiting for me to follow after him. I did.

"What are their names?" He asked as we rounded another corner.

"There's Finn, he's my brother well my twin actually. And then there's Octavia, she's been my best friend since we were 16. And then, then there's Bellamy, he's..." I trailed off, who was Bellamy to me?

"He's what?"

"Bellamy is Octavia's brother."I finally answered.

Landen ran a hand through his dark brown hair, "Well I haven't seen their names around but I'll keep my eyes open. We're planning on bringing in any survivors so we'll find them, alright?"

I gave him a grateful smile, "Thank you, Landen."

After a few moments of us walking in silence we came to a stop. Landen pointed towards the door in front of us, "We're here."

I looked from the door and then back to him, "My friends are in there?"

He didn't answer put instead pushed the door open. Upon its opening I was able to see into the room. It was like the room I had gone into to dress, nice but still comfortable. There were dozens of bunk beds around the room, and sitting on them were my friends.

When the heard the creaking of the door opening, everyone looked over to where Landen and I were standing.

Jasper was the first one up, yelling my name as he rushed towards me. Monty followed close behind, as did some of the other kids.

I let out a laugh as Jasper came barrelling into me, almost knocking me over in the process, "Thank God you're okay." he breathed, hugging me tighter.