23: HARRY'S JOURNAL.

"SKYPE."

E: "Hey, you!"

H: "Hi, love!"

Twelve days on the road used to mean nothing to me. It was the equivalent of two or three days at home... Whatever 'home' meant at the time: Holmes Chapel, London, Los Angeles.

Twelve days on the road now feel like a whole month. And 'home' is no longer a vague term. When I say home, I mean Aster Hall. And when I say I miss home, I mean I miss Emilia.

I see her through the laptop screen and all I can think about is how I'd like to reach my hand out and be able to touch her. But I can't.

Tonight, I decided to Skype instead of FaceTiming so I could see her on a bigger screen. Thank god for technology!

She was wearing my oversized button-down pink shirt.

H: "Nice shirt!"

E: "Hope you don't mind I borrowed it."

H: "Damn! It looks better on you than it ever will on me."

E: "You wore it right before you left. It smells like you."

H: "Is that all you have on?"

E: "Aha, just the shirt and panties... Was planning on sleeping in it."

H: "Did you have that on while Kai was still there?"

She glared at me in complete silence for a full minute before she spoke.

E: "You know what, Harry? YES, I put it on right after we fucked in our bed. Is that what you're waiting to hear?"

H: "That's not wh-"

E: "If you called just to be a jerk, I'll hang up and you can call me again when you've stopped being an asshole."

H: "Okay, okay, I'll stop!"

I was climbing the walls all night that night thinking about him under the same roof as her without me there. I was not about to let him steal any more sleep from me.

H: "I just had a really hard time digesting his presence there and on top of that I had a really shitty day today. I'm sorry, babe."

E: "Having a hard day doesn't give you the right to be a dick. Both now and yesterday over the phone."

H: "It doesn't, I'm sorry. I shouldn't let Kai get to me like that, but he just does. Can you please forgive me already?"

E: "Stop pouting and don't you flutter those eyelashes at me!"

H: "You're even sexier when you're mad."

E: "You're still an asshole even when you're apologizing."

H: "Don't be mad at me, please. I've been looking forward to seeing you all day because you're the only one who can make me feel better."

E: "Tell me what happened..."

H: "We had a meeting with our management. They keep booking us more and more TV shows, more radio interviews, more photo shoots. And to make things worse, they now want to add more dates to the tour. Since most USA cities sold out they want to do more than one show in L.A. and New York and maybe add a few more in-between other dates or even extend the tour a couple of weeks to reach more places."

E: "That's insane, Har! You'd be so overworked! That can't be healthy for any of you."

H: "That's what we said. We all want to come home as soon as we can, too. No one wants to be on the road an extra two or three weeks. But our management doesn't care if we have to drag our exhausted bodies across the stage during the last shows if that means more money for them. We're not teenagers anymore... we've gotten older and they fear our success won't last much longer, so they want to make the most of it while they can."