36: WASN'T EXPECTING THAT.

Harry had a show four days after his car accident. I don't know how he does it. But he just does. His job is his life and he'd never allow another concert to be cancelled or postponed on his account.

Less silly dancing, less prancing around stage and less shenanigans, but he still gave a hell of a performance and made everybody happy with his return.

After extending my stay with him for two more days after the four, I'm back home. Saying I'm exhausted would be the understatement of the year! I'm drained, physically and mentally.

I can feel the long flights and the sleepless nights in my bones and muscles. My chest aches as if my heart had been trying to dig its way out of it and my head hurts in intervals.

I'm emotionally worn out but I'm also relieved and hopeful. Things had the potential to turn out a lot worse than they did, in all possible ways. But they didn't.

I arrive at Aster Hall in the evening and I'm back at work the next day, tired but excited about the new plans.

Harry talked to Susan in the morning and she and I met after that to organize my schedule. Like he proposed, I'll be taking office work with me whenever I travel for more than two days, and when I'm here, I'll be allowed to participate in more projects.

EMI: Meeting with Susan went perfectly. THANK YOU.

I text Harry as soon as I get to my desk. I had told him I was nervous about what Susan would think since I'm already getting 'special treatment' for being his girlfriend and now he's adding more... I just didn't know how she'd take it.

But, to my surprise, she was more than willing to accommodate all of our needs and did so with a smile. Maybe she's decided I'm not so bad after all? Or maybe she realized she's not getting rid of me any time soon and she's dealing with it the best she can! ...Or she just loves Harry too much to argue with anything he says. Either way, I'll take it.

HARRY: Told ya! Susie is not that scary, and she DOES like you.

EMI: Miss you already.

HARRY: Start packing your bags.

EMI: I saw you yesterday!

HARRY: No, pack your bags 'cause you're going home.

EMI: Umm... I am home???

HARRY: Good answer! But I meant you're going to Maryland. Would three days give you enough time to get ready?

EMI: Are you crazy?! I just got here, I can't leave work again! What's Susan going to say?

HARRY: Nothing, she already knows. Need I remind you who's your boss?

EMI: [rolling eyes emoji]

HARRY: I can call Stefan and tell him you don't want to go...

EMI: You told my brother before you told me?!?!

HARRY: I wanted to make sure someone was available to pick you up at the airport.

EMI: The special treatment is getting out of hand. Seems I'm gonna have to stop sleeping with my boss...

HARRY: As your boyfriend, I'd approve. But as your boss, I'm very much against that.

EMI: Don't worry, my boss is way too good in bed to give him up.

HARRY: [smirking face emoji] Gotta go, love. Call you tonight.

EMI: Thank you, 'bossfriend'... I love you so, so much!

Sometimes I don't know what I did to deserve him. And every time I ask myself that question, these two verses from a song by Jamie Lawson come to mind: