78: MAKE A MEMORY / LUZ DE DIA.

"Hello again, it's you and me
Kinda always like it used to be

(...)

How's your life, it's been a while
God it's good to see you smile
I see you reaching for your keys
Looking for a reason not to leave

If you don't know if you should stay
If you don't say what's on your mind
Baby, just breathe
There's nowhere else tonight
We should be
You wanna make a memory?

(...)

If you go now, I'll understand
If you stay, hey, I got a plan
You wanna make a memory?
You wanna steal a piece of time?
You could sing a melody to me
And I could write a couple lines
You wanna make a memory?"

"You don't have a room here, do you?"

I squint my eyes at Harry, knowing he lied about staying at the same hotel as me.

"Nope!" He admits.

The room door closes behind him and my knees start to falter in anticipation.

"Where were you going to stay?"

I hang my cardigan and purse in the closet while avoiding looking at him. For some reason I can't explain, I feel like a virgin about to experience my first time. I'm nervous and excited, but mostly terrified of the things he's going to make me feel as soon as he puts one hand on me.

"I had asked my sister to crash at her suite. No one would even notice my presence here if I could just go straight up to her room."

...Makes sense for just one night.

When I can't find any more excuses to hide my face from Harry, I turn around and find him sitting at the foot of the bed, the palms of his hands pressed flat on the mattress behind his back, and he's following my every move with his eyes, biting the inside of his cheeks. He must be nervous, too.

"How is my son doing?" He asks, causing my heart to melt.

I'm extremely relieved he's talking because I couldn't decide what to say next and I don't want any awkward silences between us.

"Seb is okay. He's been the one keeping me sane. But he misses you, too."

My dog Sebastian has been the only one able to make me smile.

With my back against a dresser, I stand across from him, holding my breath for as long as I can in a fruitless attempt to prevent getting drunk on his perfume.

"'Too'? Are you saying you miss me?"

Why? Why must he kill me with that smirk?

"Every hour of every day, like crazy." I confess. "Do you miss me?"

Before he answers, he stretches one hand out to me and pulls me towards him when I grab it. And before I can open my mouth to protest as I guess what he'll do, he picks me up, locks my legs around his waist and sits back down with me on his lap, facing him.

"I'm always far from people I love, but I've never missed anyone the way I miss you. I miss your cooking. I miss your grumpiness in the morning. I miss you rolling your eyes at me. I miss you telling me it's a beautiful day when it's storming outside. I miss the smell of your hair on my nose when I sleep. I miss the scent of coffee in the house every morning. I miss your lips, I miss your skin, I miss all of you."

I smile when he mentions my grumpy morning moods and I hold that smile until he finishes talking.

"And, God! I miss this smile!" He adds, almost whispering, while he runs his thumb along my lips as if caressing my smile.