93: HARRY'S JOURNAL.

"...By the way, I got married."

Life has been so good lately, I didn't want to waste a second of it writing on my journal. But then I realized that one day I'm going to want to relive these feelings, and if I don't record them my memory might not do them justice later.

I am a married man.

I am twenty-five years and six months old and I am married.

If someone would've told me three years ago on August 7th that I'd be meeting my wife the very next day, at the young age of twenty-two, I would've told them they were completely out of their minds.

Marriage was a distant possibility then. But today, it's my best possible reality.

After the most perfect wedding, Emilia and I enjoyed a month and a half of the most perfect honeymoon. Hoping to have more freedom to be out and about without interruptions, we chose places to visit where money could buy us privacy but that at the same time would allow us to go unnoticed when exploring towns and tourist attractions, and the former could only be achieved by going to places where people wouldn't normally expect me to go. So for the most part, we avoided the trendy spots the rich and famous usually frequent.

We spent two weeks traveling through South America because Em fell in love when she was there with the foundation and always spoke of going back to get to see more.

The adventure started down at Tierra del Fuego in Argentina, we went to see the glaciers and national parks, did a one-day trip to Valparaiso in Chile, spent two days at the beach in Punta del Este in Uruguay and a day visiting the Salt Planes in Bolivia.

The next stop was Peru and of course, Machu Picchu. I had been there before with Liam, William and some guys from our team, but it was different coming back with Emilia. She just has this admiration for the world that revitalizes your own view of it.

After that, we moved on to Colombia, where we stayed four days at one of those ecohabs in Tayrona. It was the most incredible experience! And lastly, we rented a boat and anchored for three days at Los Roques in Venezuela.

I had been all over the world many times in my life, but I had never seen so much of it before. Finally, I got to see it from the outside of car windows.     

Knowing how tired we'd be by then, we planned on getting some rest from the hustle and bustle of the previous fourteen days in South America. We went to the Caribbean island of Curaçao for an entire week, and then to Jamaica for four more days to relax. We didn't do much at all there, other than going to the beach and staying indoors for long periods of time having lots of sex.

I mean, it was a honeymoon! There were plenty of times when we were so consumed with each other it didn't matter where in the world we were. Four walls and a roof was all we needed to have a good time. There was a lot of fantasizing about the future, some additional planning for it, an abundance of laughter, and love to last us a lifetime.

The final two and a half weeks were split between Greece, Italy and Spain. We went to Zakynthos and Kefalonia in Greece for the wonderful beaches and Santorini for the unbelievable architecture and views (this being one of the 'trendy' places we risked going to because, well, was completely worth it).

In Italy, we were mostly in Puglia visiting vineyards and olive groves and exploring all there is to see in Salento. But ended the trip with a quick visit to Venice because it's the city of love and it was a perfect closing to the most perfect honeymoon we could've dreamed of.

We had the time of our lives!

After six weeks of an ideal life together as citizens of the world, it was time to come home. And honestly, we were so tired we were glad to be back!