87: THE ONE.

THIRD PERSON POV

"How long have you been standing there?"

Emilia didn't notice Harry following after her. And with her vision blurred by tears, she didn't see him by that tree observing her every move.

"Since you got here." He admits.

Harry hated having to watch her meltdown without doing anything to stop it, but he knows she needed it. She needed it just as much as he did, and he lived it through her. Now he doesn't need to be mad at the universe because she already gave the universe a piece of her mind for the both of them.

"Fuck!"

Her plan was to have this moment for herself, a moment to let go of everything that was preventing her from being the rock her boyfriend needs at this time. Harry witnessing this scene was never how she wanted it to go.

"Here."

Harry takes a handkerchief out of the inside pocket of his jacket and hands it to Emi.

"I'm sorry." She says as she takes it and pointlessly wipes the tears that won't stop coming.

"What are you sorry for?"

The hole in his chest grows twice its size when he realizes she's feeling guilty for letting him catch her in this condition.

"I'm sorry for running away again. I should be in there with you right now. Not you out here looking for me. I'm sorry I'm such a lousy comforter..."

"Nonsense! You're the reason I'm standing on my own two feet right now."

"You were not supposed to see me like this."

"But I'm glad I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have realized that this loss is not only mine."

"My heart hurts so much I feel like I can't breathe, Har."

There's no sense in hiding from him how she really feels, he saw her feelings in action only a minute ago.

"Come, sit."

He takes a seat on the bench and invites her to join him.

Emilia accepts the invitation, but before he can speak, she throws herself in his arms to finally find in them the solace she had been craving.

"I'm sorry that it took me seeing you like this to realize you were in pain, too. I was so focused on my own suffering that I didn't stop to think how much William meant to you."

Holding her like he holds his entire world in his arms, Harry rubs his hand up and down Emi's back hoping to ease her sorrow even if just a little bit.

"You lost the closest thing to a father you've had in almost ten years. I know exactly how that feels and I'm sorry you have to go through this."

With her head buried in his neck, Emilia concentrates on his breathing to stabilize hers, and he doesn't break the silence until she's calmed down.

"It's okay now, baby. Don't cry. I don't like seeing you cry."

Harry kisses her temple, wishing that the contact of his lips with her skin will wake him up from this awful dream.

"I'm sorry, Har. I'm supposed to be consoling you, not the other way around."

"That's not true! You loved William, too."

"I'm not only crying about William, I'm also crying for you. I hate that this is happening to you, I hate that you lost your friend and I hate that you're hurting."