61: LOVE YOU GOODBYE / ALL I ASK.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

"I thought you'd be gone by now."

Coming back home and finding Emilia there was not what I expected when I left. I was sure that after all the things I said to her, she would want to grab her bags and go before she had to see my face again. I know I would have.

"That was not how I wanted things to go. I'm here because this afternoon is not the last memory I want to have of us."

I can't explain what possesses me, but instead of asking her what that means, I just want to show her how glad I am that she's still here, giving me a chance to apologize for being a dick.

Throwing my jacket on top of the sofa, I rush to the piano and sit with one leg on each side of the bench the same way she is, and after cupping her face with my hands, I kiss her. I don't ask for her permission nor do I care if she pushes me off her or gets mad at me for it. I need it. Her lips have the power to cure anything and I have a lot of healing to do.

Damn her and those soft lips that set my body on fire. Damn her and the sweet venom in her mouth that always leaves me craving more. Damn her and her unbreakable determination to leave.

"Har, wait!" She didn't resist, I can feel she was into the kiss as much as me, but she does put a stop to it. "You do know I'm still leaving, right?"

"I know." I'm not an idiot. I know her too well to think she'd change her mind.

Certain that she won't reject me, I kiss her again. Kisses are a language we both speak fluently and it's the only form of communication we know how to use without ever hurting each other. Kisses are the best way we know of apologizing. But this time, well, this time they won't be enough.

"I'm really sorry for the things I said. I didn't mean t-"

"Yes, you did." She interrupts. "You meant what you said and I meant what I said. Just because the truth was painful doesn't mean that we said it only to be mean to each other. It wasn't what we said, Har. It was how we said it. That, we should apologize for. So, I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you."

"You're right. I'm sorry, too."

She is right, I did mean what I said to her, but if I wouldn't have been so angry at the time, I probably would've never said it out loud.

"This isn't going to fix anything, but I couldn't let that be the way we said goodbye. Our love deserves much better than that."

Yes, it deserves us fighting for it, not going our separate ways. But she's calling all the shots. I can't tie her to this bench and force her to stay until we've worked things out, though I really wish I could!

"This is temporary, right? Right?" It takes her a moment to respond with a simple nod. "Then why are you making it feel so final?"

"Because I'm scared." She sighs. "And I want a proper goodbye in case we don't find our way back to each other."

"Don't say that, Em. I'll always find you."

She wants to add something, but I silence her with my lips. Whatever pessimistic thing she has to say, I don't want to hear. I won't accept a different outcome than us getting back together soon.

When we break up the kiss, we remain quiet for a minute, staring into each other's eyes, trying to read what the other's intentions are. What are we going to do next? Is this it? Does she get up, kisses my cheek, grabs her bags and drives away? Or is this moment a gift we're given to express our love one last time? Could I be reading her wrong? Isn't that why she's really here?