46: GUNS N ROSES.

Holmes Chapel is extremely charming during the holiday season. Almost every single house in the village is decorated for Christmas: every store, every office building, every park.

As crazy as it sounds, lots of people visit during this time of year knowing Harry is normally here with his family, just in hopes of casually running into him while out and about. For that reason, we don't leave his parents' house at all the two days we're there.

Since New Years is the one celebration Gemma and Michal spend with his parents and last year they invited Anne and Robin to come along, this time the Twists returned the invitation. Michal is an only child, so his parents don't have to feel bad about leaving anyone behind if they travel away from home.

I can't believe it's already the second year I'm with Harry for the holidays! Some days it feels like I just met him, and then others it's like we've been together our whole lives.

Midnight surprises us all a little drunk from Anne's sangria that may have turned out a little stronger than usual...

"Don't pin this on my sangria! I think it's safe to say that the drinking games you lot have been playing since after dinner are to blame!" Anne scolds Gemma for saying out loud what we were all thinking.

When the clock strikes twelve, Harry and I share our first kiss of the year, but that's not what makes it special. This kiss signifies much more than a simple demonstration of love. With everything going on in our relationship lately, we put into this kiss a silent commitment to try harder, to fight less, to be better.

And we try. We have peace all throughout both holidays and days after we get back to London. But the world must be plotting against us, or maybe fate bet on us not making it, because trouble find us again right before it's time for Harry to leave.

"You're not gonna be here for your birthday?! How long have you known?"

He looks too calm to have just found out.

"Since before Christmas... But I didn't want to spoil it for us. I knew it would upset you so I thought it was best to wait till we came home." Harry explains.

"But we've been home for five days! Why didn't you tell me until now?"

I don't understand why he does this to me the day before he leaves for Los Angeles.

"Because of this! I didn't want us to fight about it. We've been doing so well, I didn't want to ruin it."

Hard as I want to be mad at him for making that choice, I can't. I would've probably done the same had I been in his place.

I lower my guard and side with him to work on a solution instead of wasting energy on what cannot be changed. But as soon as we start proposing plans, the arguing ensues again.

I have projects to work on and events to attend to around the time of his birthday and I carefully mapped out everything I needed to do, so that I could have February 1st off. And I did it, but I could have that day and that day only. Several days before that and many after are all busy with EUTS stuff for me.

Of course, Harry's solutions involve me cancelling everything, or putting someone else to do my job. Mine, however, is to offer to meet him in LA either days before or after his birthday. Neither of us agree with each other's suggestions.

Ugh! If only they could record the album here in London! The entire One Direction discography has been mainly recorded on the road with final touches done in the studio. But now that they have time after the tour, they're doing it in its entirety at a studio for the first time ever. Only inconvenience is that the producer who just got involved in the making of the album, has his own recording studio in California and, naturally, they were ordered there instead of him coming here.