80: HARRY'S JOURNAL.

"The Blessing"

New York, Baltimore, Columbia, New York, London, Paris, New York.

Emilia, Emilia, Emilia, a week of waiting, Emilia, Emilia, Emilia.

The world has resumed its spinning.

The nightmare is finally over and I can breathe and sleep and eat and live again.

"Like an unsung melody
The truth is waiting there for you to find it
It's not a blight, but a remedy
A clear reminder of how it began

Deep inside your memory
You turned away as you struggled to find it
You heard it call as you walked away
A voice of calm from within the silence

And for what seemed an eternity
You waited, hoping it would call out again
You heard the shadow beckoning
Then your fear seemed to keep you blinded
You held your guard as you walked away

(...)

An unforgivable tragedy
The answer isn't where you think you'd find it
Prepare yourself for a reckoning
For when your world
Seems to crumble again

Don't be afraid, don't turn away
You're the one who can redefine it
Don't let hope become a memory

Let the shadow permeate your mind
And reveal the thoughts
That were tucked away
So that the door can be opened again
Within your darkest memories
Lies the answer if you dare to find it
Don't let hope become a memory

(...)

It takes a bit of dark to rekindle
The fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you

(...)

Don't ignore, listen to me now
You need never feel broken again
Sometimes darkness
Can show you the light"

As Em's tattoo says: 'don't forget to turn the light on'.

Emilia came to New York for two glorious days and saw the flat for the first time. I was so anxious about it. Although I bought it when we were broken up, I still picked it with her in mind, and I was afraid she wouldn't like it or think it's too much. But she did like it, or she doesn't care, not sure which. I think she likes it just because it's closer to her.

And I have to admit, that will make things a lot easier for us now and in the long run, because even after she moves back to London with me, whenever I have to come to America for work, she'll have her family and friends only a short flight away. I might still do a lot of work in Los Angeles, especially if I decide to keep pursuing acting. But I won't be spending as much time there as I used to and New York will always make her a lot happier. That much I'm sure of.

After she met my band and heard me perform my own songs for the first time (and cried over them quite a lot) the next thing on our schedule was a quick visit to her family. We went from the airport to Medley, from there to Jasmine's and then to Em's house. Every pit stop posed a challenge.

At Medley I had to go through an intense interrogation to prove to Jackson that having me back in her life is what's best for his best friend. But this conversation was a piece of cake, I knew he was torturing me for his own entertainment. Em had already told me how excited he was about us getting back together. But Jack wouldn't be Jack if he didn't play the role of the overprotective friend who would beat the ass of whoever dared break his loved ones' hearts (which I know he could, and he would).