28: KEEP US.

"How many are out there?" I ask Harry as soon as he closes the front door behind him.

"One month away from home and this is the welcome I get?"

"Sorry! I was just worried about you."

Taking the five steps that separate us, I jump into his arms and kiss him like I didn't just see him a couple of days ago. "Welcome home, baby."

"That's better." He dives in for another kiss but a brown, four-legged creature wagging its tail impatiently, pushes its way between Harry's legs and mine to break us apart and claim the attention of the resident-turned-visitor of this house. "Can you tell our son I'm busy with his mum right now?"

"When did you adopt Seb? I wasn't aware..." I tease.

"You said the other day that you married me when you moved here, didn't you? Then that means I'm officially Sebastian's father. But you, young lady, you can call me 'daddy'!" The smirk that melts icebergs strikes again.

"Keep dreaming!" I laugh.

Seb is in heaven when Harry finally acknowledges his presence and kneels on the floor to pet him and rub his belly.

"You missed me, too, huh? Just like mummy? Yeah, I know you did, little lad! I've missed you too!"

Suddenly, the gate bell rings and we hurry to one of the monitors to see who's there.

"It's just them. Don't worry, I'll mute the bell. If someone we know comes, they'll call our phones." Harry says as he presses buttons on the screen.

"How bad was it getting in?"

We sit on the couch and I offer him my lap to rest his head as he lies down. My fingers play with his hair while he tells me about the dozen photographers camping outside of our home, who got here early in the day knowing that it was just a matter of time before Harry showed up.

But getting a picture of him driving his car into his own driveway isn't news, they want more. According to Harry, what they came here looking for is to get a picture of the two of us together. Not because they've never gotten one, but because that would prove we're living together.

We would've liked to have William by our side to face this, but the man has to see his family too. So, even though Will offered a million times to come with him and stay with us until it was time for them to leave again, Harry refused.

"We're meeting Matty and Lily for lunch in a little bit, did you forget?" Treating them for a nice meal is his lousy way of making it up to them for having to miss their wedding.

"...And?" Harry doesn't seem to find a problem with that.

"And that means we have to leave the house and go through them. We'd be giving them exactly what they came for!"

"So? It's not like we can hide forever, babe. We have to be glad it took them this long to find out."

He's right.

"When the rain set in
We had nowhere left to go
So we just stayed in bed
While the thunder rolled

There's a comfort in the rain
One that lovers only know
So we laid hand in hand
While the water rose ...

Every season will turn
Till the world is upside down
Rivers overflow then go underground
But in the eye of the storm
In the safety of this house
We lay hand in hand
While the world turns wrong