48: SWEET CREATURE / MAKE ME.

"What is she doing here?!" I meant that as an internal question, but since I accidentally voice it, Eleanor happens to have the answer.

"I already asked Louis. He says she's looking to promote her work in the US more, so she's doing a few shows here. Jeff invited her to help her with that since she's in town... poor lad has no clue what goes on in his clients' lives to make a proper guest list..." She accuses.

"Em! Em! Come here!" Harry appears out of nowhere and yanks my arm to take me away. "There's some people I want you to meet."

I've met several of his celebrity friends over the course of our relationship, but he has so many it's been difficult to get them all in the same room at the same time. But Jeff managed to gather most of them here today, it seems.

Harry introduces me to actors, musicians, tv hosts, famous reporters, comedians, producers, you name it. I still get starstruck every time. It's so weird to me that the man I share a house and a bed with is one of them!

It's all laughs and smiles after each introduction until I'm face to face with her.

No, not Dominique.

I already know she's here and I've had to deal with her many times before. I know how to handle myself around Dominique. And after the car accident, she's proven herself a more honorable adversary than the one I met months ago. Giving the press a detailed account of what she was doing in the car with Harry and explaining how it was all misinterpreted, kind of redeemed her a little bit. Although, of course, I don't particularly enjoy her presence here.

So, I'm not at all worried about Dominique... I'm speaking of a Russian model Harry slept with on a couple of occasions but no one knows about it.

Except for me.

I know.

"Emilia, this is Ronnie from the talent agency and Nadia who's one of his clients. Ron, Nadia, this is Emilia, my girlfriend."

...He means Nadia whom he met when he was modeling for a Gucci campaign and he fucked for the duration of its tv ad filming and photo shoot.

I don't know how to react.

How do you act nice and polite towards someone while also letting them know you're aware they've had sex with your boyfriend but without actually saying it?

You can't.

All I can do is hold on to Harry's body a little tighter and take it out on him by digging my nails on his lower back until he can't take it anymore and he interlocks his fingers with mine to stop me.

We exchange quick handshakes and hellos, but I rush the process so that I don't have to be near her longer than strictly necessary.

She seems nice, at least nice enough not to say or do anything that would raise suspicions that she's still into Harry.

But let's be honest, anyone who's been with Harry will probably always have a thing for him. He's impossible to get over! I would know.

"What is she doing here?" I question Harry once we've walked away and found a secluded corner where no one is within earshot.

"What?"

It infuriates me when he pretends he's clueless and I know he's not.

"I know who she is, Har. Why would you invite her?"

"Okay, okay. First of all, I didn't invite anyone, Jeff did. Second of all, if he did it it's because Nadia and I are still good colleagues. That's all there is to it."