83: ONLY LOVE CAN HURT LIKE THIS.

"How am I supposed to go back to being alone after all these days together?" Harry asked when we were in New York, planning how the rest of the year would go, trying to make the most out of the few days off he'll have before tour starts and even deciding what we'd do for Christmas and New Year's.

"The same way you always have." I answered.

Being apart is not new to us, we should be more than used to it by now.

"But it's different this time." He argued.

"I know." I had to agree.

We still have the same jobs and do the same things, but we are not the same people. We love differently now, we love more and better, and we miss at higher levels.

Paris and The Big Apple were four incredible days. After the first experience in London, the public appearances, the attention and the camera flashes got a little bit easier to deal with each time, though America is a different monster. The fans and the press here are more intense than anywhere else. But we got out of that alive, and now I just have every other important event he'll ever go to to worry about, no big deal!

Our six days together were exactly what our relationship needed to restart, but I had to come back to work and he had other places in the world to be.

"You'll have to come for the first show of the tour. I'm scared shitless, I need you there."

He didn't have to ask. I was not going to miss such an important day. His first ever solo concert. And as a headliner, too.

We went back to our old routine of daily Skype calls and several texts throughout the day for a week and a half. During that time, I had to go to Los Angeles and attend a charity event with the CIF team, and stay extra days to kickstart new projects with Sandra.

Harry was right. Being away from each other has gotten harder this time around.

But mid-November finally came and we met in Cologne, Germany for his first show. William picked me up at the airport as usual, and we finally got some time alone to talk and catch up. I told him about all the nothings I did on the five months I was gone, and he put me up to speed with his life.

The 'someone' waiting for him at home last time we were both in London was his daughter. She visited him for the two days we spent there.

He told me he had a long, serious and deep conversation with Paloma and they decided it was better to leave things as they were. She didn't want to get her hopes up again if he was not going to change his lifestyle, and he didn't want to disappoint her by starting something he would never be fully committed to.

"I can't do anything else, Emi. Any other job would drive me crazy! I'm used to this, I can't stop and I don't want to. If I stand still for too long I start climbing the walls. If I never changed for my children, there's no way I'd do it for a woman. I have feelings for Paloma, believe me, I do. But I can't be what she wants me to. She's looking for stability and that's one thing I'll never give her. Might sound selfish, but I just can't do it." Will explained.

I was shocked, to say the least. Having witnessed firsthand how they reacted to each other every time they were in the same room, I thought they were a ticking bomb that was bound to explode sooner rather than later. But love is not only sex. Shit, love isn't even only love! And some fires aren't always meant to burn.

"I hope that all the stupid things I said to you didn't have an impact on your decision. I was out of line and my intention was never to keep you two from being happy together. I was in a bad place when I said she was better off without you."