38: STRAIGHTJACKET FEELING.

"Thank you for doing this, Emi. If we weren't so desperate, I'd tell you to think about it and that you don't have to if you don't want to, but we are grasping at straws here, so thank you for being willing to do it without a second thought."

Hannah swings our bodies side to side as we embrace out in the hallway after my father has taken a sample of my saliva to test my compatibility with Tucker.

This is way more complex than being a blood match, we have to be a close genetic match, and the chances of finding someone who is close enough to match Tucker are one-in-five-hundred-and-forty.

"If I had a child in the same situation, I know you'd do the same. Besides, your son happens to be pretty special to me. There's nothing to think about."

She tightens her hold on me and cries for the second time in the couple of hours that we've been together.

"We miss you, Emi. I was, and still am, so mad at Caleb for what he did! He brought you into our lives and then ripped you away from us and it wasn't fair!" She grumbles.

We break the hug and start walking back to TJ's room.

"Aren't you happy with my replacement?" I tease.

"Ugh, don't get me wrong, Elizabeth is very nice and sweet but she's, I don't know... boring."

"It could be worse, then." I wink at her and she shrugs in agreement. "But don't be mad at Caleb. We weren't meant to be. We were growing apart and the final result was going to be us going our separate ways even if he hadn't cheated."

That, and now I know we didn't work out because I was meant to be with someone else.

When we reach the door of Room 216, we are welcomed by a friendly face who is chatting with Caleb with a fake smile painted on her face that turns sincere once she's directing it at us.

"Jazz! Did you fly here? That was fast!" I called her only a few minutes ago! "Hannah, do you remember Jasmine?"

"Of course I do! How could I not? You two were joined by the hip!"

The girls exchange greetings and I explain to Hannah and Caleb that when I called Jasmine to let her know I was staying in town for a little longer and I told her the reason why, she instantly volunteered to come here and get tested, too.

She doesn't have any ties to this family other than me and she completely despises Caleb, but her heart is just that big!

Hannah starts sobbing with gratitude again. But the moment Leo walks out of the room saying that Tucker is calling for his mommy, she puts the Superwoman cape back on and no one could ever tell she had just been crying.

It's early evening but we won't get the results until the morning, so after some small talk with the brothers Morgan, Jasmine receives all the 'thank yous' they can fit in the goodbyes and then goes home.

I should've left with her.

But I wanted a couple more minutes to say a proper goodnight to the boy. And in the middle of our conversation about how he no longer likes Spiderman because, duh, he's not a little kid anymore, the door opens and in comes the one person I wanted to avoid more than Caleb: his girlfriend Elizabeth. The girl he cheated on me with.

It's not that I have ill feelings towards her. I don't even know her, why would I hate her? Caleb was the one in a relationship with me, not her. He was the one at fault. But I still didn't want to be put in the awkward situation of being in the same room as her and someone having to explain my presence there.

She recognizes me immediately. Everyone can see the shock in her face and her smile fading while she tries to figure out on her own what the hell happened since she was here last. Evidently, Caleb didn't call her to warn her.