Chapter 9

•••

The sounds of utensils was all making a noise in the almost eerie silence in the dining area.

Some of the housemaid were lined up as the Family Kim have their dinner.

This isn't usually happening, it takes a month - or more than that to have their dinner with a completed family.

Kim Taehyung was used to it - they're all used to it.

His sister, Kim Nana and all maids was used to Mr. And Mrs. Kim not having around.

Their parents were either on their business trip or busy in business; completely forgoten the birthday of the two.

Even celebrating the Christmas Day.

When they're still a child, they have Nanny that always taking care of them.

Yup, they have their fully need; Car, Luxirous things, Money, but not the attention that child always seek - needed.

"Don't be late tomorrow, We're going to have a dinner with Family Sung." their Dad broke the silence.

Kim Taehyung - who's sitting at the left side, take a short glance at his dad before continuing eating.

"Is it necessary to go?" Kim Nana bore her eyes on her dad, silently hoping it wasn't.

Tommorow was the big day for her,
it was the most precious day to her, Kim Nana was been in a relationship secrelty with her boyfriend, it's their 2nd anniversary.

"Yes." Mr.Kim answered sternly.

Kim Nana swallowed hard, how can she celebrate when this dinner happen?

"But I can't go, I have something important to do." Kim Taehyung look at his sister, slightly confused because it was the first time she refused .

"And what's more important than that dinner?" Mr. Kim firmly said. Making Kim Nana tensed on her seat.

Holding the spoon tightly, mustering her courage, she said. "I-im going out with my boyfriend, to celebrate."

Mrs. Kim - her mother halt on what she's eating, no one ever spoke after Kim Nana said those words.

Her mom laugh incredulously, "She's kidding Arthur -"

"No, I'm not." she cut her mom words, "I'm serious." she stared at her dad straight in the eye.

"Then broke up with that who-ever-boys of yours, you're going to engage of the only son of my business partner; Mr. Sung." Mr. Kim said simply.

"N-no Dad, I love him! I can't just engage who ever you wanted!" Mrs. Kim widen her eyes at the high pitch of her daughter voice.

'shit, I'm fucking seeing drama again.' Kim Taehyung sat uncomfortably.

But then, Mr. Kim calmly wipe his mouth. "I don't care about that, Broke up with him and don't be late at the dinner, I know you know what I can do, don't make me do it." with that, he stood up and stormed out of the room, leaving Kim Nana sobbing.

"Dont disobey him Nana, just please....not this time." her mother look sympathetically at her.

"N-no! He can order me around, yes. but not the person who I've choose to be with! Mom, please... I followed all his command and what he ordered me to do but not this one.. I can't." tears flow from her eyes, she look at her mom, pleading.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart.... But I can't, this is very important, Our family will grow and rich more if you marry the son of Mr. Sung, this is business -"