3 | Drinks

"Y/n..."
"Hmm?!" You groaned while half asleep in your bed. Jimin chuckles and proceeds to talk.
"Jiwoo's asleep now."
"Okay...I guess I should get up now."
You lazily got out of bed, Jimin was still standing at the door continually smiling at you. You look at him with a confused expression.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing..."
You go to the kitchen and Jimin follows. You're still confused and wondering why he's so clingy.
"Jimin what do you want?"
"I just want a Thank you."
"For?"
"For watching Jiwoo for you!"
"Thanks?"
He looks at you unamused "Really?"
"Jimin I said thank you, what else do you want? You're the best dad in the world and I love you?"
"...yes?"
"Even the I love you?"
"Even the I love you."
"Yo, are you feeling alright?" You say putting your hand on his forehead. He chuckles at your reaction and takes your hand holding it with his.
"I'm perfectly fine Y/n, I've always been nice to you. Even after our breakup, you're the one who never gave me a second chance and tried to be friends. Why?"
"...Because...because Jimin you were breaking my heart."
"..."
"You were constantly out with Jin and the others after finding out I was pregnant, you weren't serious about getting jobs and finding a home for Biwoo and you were barely there for me. Hell, I was shocked you were there when I was in Labor! I tried I really did to just work through it but I couldn't."
"..."
"I guess I was still angry you basically got to walk away from the situation."
"Why would you say that?"
"I don't know, maybe because I have to pay for his clothes, I have to watch and take care of him rain or shine, I need to give him things to make him successful, I need to be there for him and be the parent he deserves because there's no way I'd ever abandon him. But you? Not so much."
Jimin stood there so silent if anything were to move, it'd be heard. His grip on your hand got tighter. Now looking him in the eye, he conceded and did the same. Only his eyes were filled with regret, his eyebrows raised in sorrow. He looked disappointed in himself like he didn't know some of the damage he caused.
"...J-"
"No" he cut you off, "Don't try and come up with an excuse for me. It isn't gonna work. I'm so sorry for not being the father I should be. If I could just go back in time and fix everything, I would."
He continued to look at you, and you continued to look at him. Silence still taking the most space in the room. His eyes left the regretful stage, instead, they were now full of love. The love in his eyes you hadn't seen since the two of you split.
"Um...do you want a drink or something?" you ask letting go of his hands trying to break the trance you both were in.
"S-sure..." he was blushing as much as you now
///
The both of you were now sitting on the couch just talking the hours away. Slowly, you began to open up again towards Jimin. He began to warm back up to you again as well, and you feel like the both of you went back to your college selves and nothing had changed.
"Thank you really for taking care of Jiwoo. It helped a lot today." You said playing with the rim of the cup that was between your thighs
"Anytime," he said shining his smiles soothing your heart.
" I'm surprised you're still here this late, I would've thought you'd be with Seulgi or something..."
"It never hurts to spend time with your family does it?"
"I'm not used to you acting like this..."
"I think it's best you get used to it, I'm not changing."
"Refreshing to know..." you said jokingly
"Are you off on Friday?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Wanna do something with Biwoo?"
"Like what?"
"I dunno, get ice cream, eat out, you name it. I just wanna reconnect with you guys. I've been here but I don't feel like I've been here, ya know?"
"Yeah, I guess I do. We can do something if you'd like."
"What does this mean?" he asked taking another sip from his cup
"What?"
"Our relationship? I mean- we're warming up to each other and for some reason, I feel like the atmosphere is different."
"To be honest, I guess we are slowly getting warm with each other again."
"You look so pretty."
"W-what?"
"You look pretty. After all these years your beauty hasn't changed." he said resting his head on the pillow behind him.
"What did you put in your drink?"
"Nothing! It was just a thought."
"I guess you still look good after these years too?!" you said hoping to get a reaction out of Jimin. Like normal, you did, he smiles, sneaking in a light giggle with you just making your heart melt again. You think harder about the comment you made, harder about what you actually thought of him after your old relationship with him. Your image of him hadn't changed and the things you loved about him didn't change either. What the fuck?! you thought in your head."
"What's wrong?" he said looking at you with care
"Nothing. I was...just thinking."
"About what?" Another thing you remembered was he loved asking questions.
"Stuff. Now let's just drop it."
"Anyways, thank you for having me here."
"Anytime"
"It's getting late and I should go home. I feel like I've bugged you enough."
"You're totally fine. But I don't wanna make it seem like I'm holding you captive so do whatever you feel is best. I should go back to bed."
"You haven't eaten at all."
"I'm fine."
"I'm not leaving until you do."
"Of course you aren't," you say rolling your eyes will getting up making your way to the kitchen again.
"See, I'll just eat this cereal bar."
Jimin walks into the kitchen and leans against the counter while crossing his arms. He looks at you very closely, you look at him closely as well. You bite into the bar and eat it proving you really were eating something. He starts to smirk after you take your last bite. You throw the wrapper away and turn back towards him.
"Happy?"
"Just because you're my ex-doesn't mean I can't care about you. You need to eat and stay healthy."
"Jimin, it's common and I'm used to it."
"Break out of the habit and eat more, if I can work on my eating habits and get healthy again, you can too."
"I will Jimin."
"Good. Don't skip any meals."
"Yeah, yeah, pretty boy."

End of this short but sweet chapter! I hoped you liked it as always, more coming soon. Don't forget to read, comment and vote to tell me if you like this fanfiction so far. It helps me, and also follow my social media to stay updated in fanfictions and other stuff. ~ParkJamjams