12 | Super Dad

I woke up with a bad feeling in my belly. Mommy and daddy were sleeping and I really didn't want to bother them. Lately, I've been trying to learn things on my own just for the sake of them. I see how tired they are and how mommy was feeling after she lost her job yesterday. I never liked her boss and hearing him hurt her made me so angry.
It was the same with daddy too.
I could hear him screaming at the guy from where I was with Hayoon. She tried to distract me the best way she could and that's why I love her. She's always there for me and acts as my second mom. I get up out of bed and run to the bathroom, feeling my belly erupt with who knows what.
I threw up.
Not that I wanted to of course. I couldn't stop coughing and being loud making mommy and daddy wake up, running to me and having a panic attack. It was totally something I didn't want.
"Jiwoo! Rasarang are you okay?!" she shouts as she runs to the bathroom
"Jiwoo? You okay buddy?" I hear daddy say from the living room coming closer
There they were, standing over me, just losing their minds.
"I'm fine," I say trying to make them go away
But it didn't work.
"Rasarang, you threw up. I don't think you're okay,"
"Mommy, I'm fine!" I whined
"Hey, don't talk to your mom like that," Daddy said, "I'm gonna get some soup, and medicine, and probably extra stuff too."
"Oh Jimin you don't have to go out, let me do it."
"I got it!"
"Then let me tell you the things you'll need at least,"
"Fine...proceed,"
"Jiwoo doesn't like medicine with cherry flavor, he likes chicken noodle soup the most, and you're gonna need some ginger ale to help with his stomach."
"Wait- why do you need ginger ale?"
"Because it helps with someone who just threw up. I can't explain it."
"Alright, I'll be back as soon as I can."
"Okay, if anything else happens I'll tell you...And for you, Park Jiwoo,"
Uh oh, I thought
"Why didn't you tell me or daddy you weren't feeling well?"
"Because it wasn't a big deal,"
"Not a big deal? It is for me, never hide if you're sick, it could lead to worse things I don't even wanna think about."
"Well you and daddy are so tired, another thing added to your list would be me being sick,"
"...Hey, you will always be on the top of that list you hear?"
"Yes, Eomma,"
I only call mommy Eomma when she's angry with me. Like a way of saying I'm sorry for what I did. Because I really am sorry for what I did, I wasn't trying to scare them.
"Come on, let's change you out of those clothes," Mommy says taking my hand
Mommy walks me over the bathtub and takes my clothes off for me. She starts the water and even adds bubbles. Maybe a way to lighten the mood since I'm sick. She turns the water off, feeling the water was the right height and was warm enough for me. And she was right like always she did it perfectly. When I do it by my self, the water gets cold so fast. I don't know why and I never know where she hides the soap, so all I do is sit in cold water. Yeah, not so good.
"I'll be right back. Do NOT touch the faucet."
"Okay,"
(Y)I'll be honest I was scared by a bit waking up to Jiwoo throwing up. Lately, he's been trying to be independent and wanting to help so much. And the fact I don't have a job anymore, really makes him want to help. He's just like his dad, no matter how much I tell them not help, he does anyway. I guess it runs in the family. I go to back to my room looking for a thermometer. When I get back I see Jiwoo sweating. I was glad I came at the right time,
"Rasarang, you're burning up. Good thing I got this thermometer. Open up, I'm putting this under your tongue, do NOT move it."
"Yes, Eomma," he tells me
I still find it cute the way he says it. After I take the thermometer out of his mouth I read 102 ° F (38.9 ° C) You could say I freaked out just by a bit. I had no update with where or what Jimin and doing and he was getting worse.
"Oh gosh!" I say reading the number
"What? What's wrong, mommy?"
"You're 102 degrees. And that's not good,"
"What if it's the water?"
"No- well maybe but I didn't make it hot. I'm gonna call your dad, remember what I said about the faucet."
I walk in the hallway hoping JImin was at the store or close to coming back home. For the first time, I had someone by my side while I was struggling. It means more to me since he is his dad.
"Jimin,"
"Yeah?"
"Are you close?"
"I'm still getting some stuff why?"
"I think Jiwoo has a fever or something. He's burning up, and I have nothing to help,"
"Okay, I'm on my way,"
"Bye..."
"Bye,"
///
"I'm back!" Jimin says walking in with more than one bag of groceries
I walk out of Jiwoo's room, quietly shutting the door since I helped him go to sleep.
"He's sleeping, once he wakes up I'll give him medicine and fix food to eat,"
Jimin nods his head in agreement. I help him unpack the small number of groceries and tell him the right places to put them even if he wasn't there for about a year, he never forgot. Granted this was the first apartment we bought specifically for Jiwoo before he was born.
"Thanks for getting some stuff, I haven't had time for groceries..."
"I know, you've been doing so much work. Who could keep up with the little things?"
"You."
"Really? How?"
"I dunno, you've been taking care of Jiwoo, doing some errands you don't have to for me and with all of that, you still don't forget to do anything. Now at least."
"Oh...you're way better than me though."
"How?"
"Technically you have three jobs, keeping me in check, look after Jiwoo and working so hard. I told you to stop overworking yourself, you can only do so much."
"I know, I know, but it's a habit. Letting others down isn't my specialty, even if I'm not a fan of them."
"Point taken, but still..."
"Okay, I hear you loud and clear!"
Jimin giggles along with me, ending with a deep stare because that's really what he does. Around me at least. I don't know why but when you're caught in the trance, you can't let yourself out of it. But if you do, you're a real soldier.
"So, what would you like to have for breakfast? I think there's enough things to make something."
"Ah, you don't have to make me anything," Jimin said
"But you're a guest, I must."
"Let's meet both ways and make breakfast together," Jimin said smiling
"Together?"
"Together. Just like old times, nothing wrong with that right?"
"No, not at all. We're just two parents, helping each other out,"
"Right. Anyway, so- what were you intending on making?"
"I dunno, I was gonna throw something together since it's what I do best."
"I was thinking of making something Jiwoo would enjoy,"
"We can make sweet toast, and fruit. All I have here,"
"Cool, I'll get the fruit together and you can prepare the toast."
"Okay,"
Jimin went to the refrigerator and pulled out fruit of all the sorts. Strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and many more, full of the colors of the rainbow. As for me, I popped multiple slices of bread into the toaster, waiting for them to brown perfectly and be ready for display. I couldn't help but to mess with Jimin, it was who I was, so like normal, I stole a few strawberries he cut, smiling after the accomplishment.
"Hey..." Jimin said
"What? You never said I couldn't sample!" I joked
I went to the cabinet to find three plates with the cool hue of the ocean. I turned back seeing Jimin do something he would be most likely to do, he put two uncut pineapple rings over his eyes acting like they were his glasses. I laughed, he was just too easy to laugh at, that's how stupid he was, and that's how much I loved him for it.
"Why are you so dumb?"
"Because it's who I am."
"Sure...we'll go with that."
I continue to fix the plates, placing two toasted pieces of bread that were stacked on top of each other. I sprinkled powdered sugar on them to make it pretty, I knew the honey I spread over the rough surface would give that natural sweet taste. Lastly, I took the fruit Jimin cut on every part of the plates. Making them look pretty as well, I was guilty of it, but hey, is that really a bad thing?
When I look up, I see Jimin staring. Kneeling on the elbows of his arms, yes, it felt a little weird and you think I'd be used to the cunning stare. But in reality, I'm really not. He for some reason seemed intrigued?
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing. You just seem really passionate about making the dish look pretty?"
"Is that wrong or something?"
"Nah, it's very attractive."
Attractive? Hm...that's oddly new.
"Let's go to Jiwoo's room," I suggest
"Way ahead of you,"
Jimin takes two plates in his hand as I take one. Strictly for Jiwoo, when we made it to his bedroom I placed his plate on the nightstand next to him. I turned on his blue star lamp and tug on his loose and squishy cheek similar to Jimins. I hear a giggle I knew that was his but continue, it was the only way I could wake him up, for now at least.
"Rasarang~," I sing
"...huh..." he chimes back
"Time to wake up, you need to eat."
"Mm..."
Jiwoo slowly but surely opens his little eyes. I shine a warm and gentle smile, he smiles back too. The same smile I felt reminded me of Jimin, lately, all I see in him was Jimin. I couldn't help it and I never tried, it was just a strong feeling. I hand him his plate, while he sits up in his bed. I sit on the end of the bed with Jimin, laughing about nonsense and talking about nothing. Normal things families did. Normal things I hadn't done in a while. Am I really attractive to him?

Hey guys! Welcome to the end of another chapter! Currently listening to Shiloh Dynasty and now I'm in my feels. On another note, I hope this chapter was fit to your liking. I write my fanfictions just for you, and I don't wanna torture you with something boring. Don't forget to read, comment, and vote to support me, like I normally say, I'd really appreciate it. If you'd like to check out my other social media listed on my profile, I' m not stopping you! There, I'll post about fanfiction updates, and other hidden talents (when I'm active and have the time to breathe!) ~ParkJamjams