17 | Time

I often can't stop thinking about the two most memorable moments in my life...

"That's hilarious!" Jungkook laughed
"No, it isn't,"
"What's so funny Namjoon asked looking into the living room
"Jimin's crushing on the girl that crashed into him last week," Jungkook told the others
"You know what, fuck you."
"Aw...did I rupture your ego?"
"I'm going out."
"Going to your princess?" Jungkook shouted while eating his chips
"Alright dude, leave'em alone."
Jungkook shrugged and continued eating while Jimin was actually already gone. He looked out in the world before him, it looked as if it was about to rain. The clouds shed to a gloomy gray, but Jimin didn't care, he put one of his earbuds in his ear, listening to his favorite kind of music he knew calmed his mind.
He went to the nearest pub.
Feeling himself gaining a thirst.
///
He walks up to the building, seeing through the giant windows, the same girl he met not too long ago. Y/n was her name he remembered, it was different than what he normally heard. He was okay with that, loving the fact that she wasn't like every girl he knew. Jimin stood there, watching her studying? Indeed she did look busy, totally into her work. So, he went along with his original plan: just get himself something to drink. He walked in, noticing the Y/n looked up with huge eyes full of embarrassment, to soften the blow Jimin smiles with a light wave. A wave she responds with.
He walks forward to the counter that called his name.
"I'll have your strawberry banana smoothie,"
"Alright...that'll be 9225.32 won, sir."
"Okay,...-Is it cool if I ask you something?"
"No, what's your question?"
"That girl sitting near the window...does she come here often?"
"That's Y/n, we have food and nutrition together. She's cool, model student and yes, she does come here often."
"Are you two friends? You sure know a lot about her," Jimin smiled
"We're not the best of friends but...we do know each other...why do you ask?"
"No reason."
"Here's your change." the girl says
"Thanks,"
Next day (Monday)...
All of Jimin's classes were over with, he had no plans. Walking out of the main hall, he decided to go to the pub he remembered Y/n went to all the time. Walking in he sees her sitting on the bright green couches with a snack by her side. All he saw her do was study, she looked so devoted to what she was doing. Y/n looked organized and very...calm.
Jimin walks over.
Seeing her look up at him again while he took himself a seat.
She blushed making him smirk to himself. It was so cute! He set his bag down pulling his laptop. Y/n sits back with her pencil dangling in her hand. She was thinking, Jimin notices but in a way tries to make it seem like he wasn't watching her every move. He feels his heart race, and head feels hot. He was starting to make him nervous.
"Are you the guy that asked about me yesterday?" she asked with a smile
"What?" Jimin played dumb, "I...dunno what you're talking about."
"You sure? I mean, I have a witness..." Y/n pointed with her eyes
"I just was wondering if you always came here..."
"Look, you could've just asked me, I mean- I don't bite."
"I guess I was just nervous," Jimin looked down
"That's alright. But I thought you were a natural in flirting,"
"M-me?"
"Yeah! You do have a reputation ya know?"
"This is different..."
"How come?"
"I think I like you, Y/n."
"...Jimin,"
"I've been thinking of you for a while, now I want you more than ever. I needed to get it off my chest."
"Well, Jimin...I am running late for an afternoon class but...maybe we can talk later? Here's my number," Y/n writes down later handing the small piece of paper to Jimin who gazed
He looks up, seeing Y/n walking out of the door leading to the main hall. Jimin watches her hair sway side to side, her stuff resting by her side. She was so...eye catching.
That night...
Later that day, Jimin went home. Thinking about Y/n, wondering if the number she gave him actually was his. It wasn't like she was going to text first, she gave him her number. But that's what beat him up so much Should I text her? Jimin thought, Maybe it's too early...or too late?! Ugh, this is useless...The clock was ticking. 9:00...then 10:00...now 11:12 pm...he was taking forever. Coming up with many ways to start his conversation with Y/n. It was common, he just didn't know what to say, he didn't want to sound bored, he didn't want to sound desperate, and he didn't want to sound like he was just using her. But he unlocked his phone and started texting her, not letting his fears and anxiety get the best of him this time.