10 | Just Protective

Hours on end, work called for Y/n's name, not by choice either. The weeks were different, for some reason her boss was ripping into her, harder and rougher than usual. She didn't know why and now she was more stressed than she already was. Her hands were sore, her voice tired from contant speaking. Time from her own son lost due to her long hours. Does she get paid more? No.
When Y/n unlocks the door to the small apartment she called home, she sighs. The door pushes open by her frail force. She looks up and sees Jimin; standing in the kitchen doing...something.
"Hey," he said
"...Hey," Y/n said tiredly
"You look really beat."
"Don't I know it. Working a 12-hour shift drains a person."
"Well, I made dinner."
"You did?"
"Yep. Jiwoo didn't want to go out today so we made something together. Your favorite."
"Spicy Beef Noodles?"
"Mhm...Jiwoo wanted to make something that he says 'makes mommy happy'"
She chuckles "He's right."
"Eat up!" he said leaning on the wooded island
"Right now?"
"Duh..."
Y/n takes some chopsticks and starts eating the noodles with fire embedded in them. Jimin stands on his crossed elbows and watches Y/n closely, smiling towards her.
"Why are you such a stalker?" Y/n asked with a full mouth
He giggles "No reason!"
Jimin immediately thought the look of Y/n at the moment was adorable. Too adorable.
"Then why are you watching me like that?"
"You look very...entertaining," Or really cute he thought
"Mhm...stalker."
"Cutie," He blurted out
"What?"
"What?"
"I'm on to you."
"Sure...I'll get going."
"Okay, same time tomorrow?"
"Yep, I'll pick him up from school and watch him until you come home," Jimin said taking his stuff in his hands almost walking out of the open door
"Thanks! You're such a lifesaver..."
"I know, I'm your knight in shining armor."
"Don't push it,"
"But I like pushing your buttons."
"I noticed. Goodnight."
"Night," he smiled back
///Next Day (5:00 am)///
Y/n woke up to the sound of her alarm on her phone punching her in the face. She groans in distress not wanting to go to her excruciating job where she feels like nothing. She turns to her side and takes her phone off her white painted nightstand. She swipes her lock screen and checks the time, 5:02. Her palms wipe her face and she rolls out of bed with her messy hair and clothes. Walks to the bathroom and gets ready for the day.
First, she takes a shower, one to wake her up with its frosty liquid.
When she gets out, she dries off and washes her face to give it that awoken feel that made her feel fresh. She then brushes her teeth, rinsing her mouth with mouthwash last.
Y/n then goes to her closet to pick out her uniform to wear for work, she takes to hanging two-piece outfit off the hanger and puts it on soon tying her hair in a ponytail.
"Time to make breakfast," she says
She walks over checking the clock on the microwave above her head reading 5:37. She goes to the refrigerator and takes out something simple to make: toast and fruit. She looks for some fruit Jiwoo would enjoy. Y/n then makes an assortment of fruit and then puts the small glass bowl back in the fridge so it would stay cold. She moves on to the toast and puts two slices of bread in the black toaster next to her.
"Done. I have a few minutes, I guess I'll choose something for Jiwoo to wear."
She quietly walks into Jiwoo's room and see's him fast asleep. She smiles and walks over to his little closet full of his favorite clothes. She picks out something cute and stylish for the day. His favorite shirt and jeans. She irons them stopping at his shirt feeling the toast would be ready at any moment.
She dashes back to the kitchen and sees the rising pieces of fresh toast. She takes them both out and sets one slice on a plate, and goes to the fridge and takes out the already made bowl of fruit and jar of jelly. With the butter knife in her hands, she spreads the jelly on Jiwoo's slice and places it on the counter. She goes back to Jiwoo's room and wakes him up.
"Jiwoo...rasarang...time to wake up."
"Hmm...?" he says tossing and turning
"Time to get up. Come on, you know about mommies schedule."
"...Okay," he says sitting up in his grey pajamas
"Let's go," Y/n says while Jiwoo takes her hand
Y/n guides him to the black bar stool and sits him in front of his plate of food. She hands him a juice box and walks back to his room where she could finish ironing his clothes. She checks on him once she finishes and sees him still eating his breakfast. She smiles and starts his bath so when he finishes he could just come along and get it over with.
"You done, rasarang?" she asks walking out in the hall
"Mhm..." he says nodding his head
"Come on, let's get ready," she says
Jiwoo hops off the bar stool and runs towards Y/n who takes him inside the bathroom.
///
Before heading out the door, Y/n takes the slice of toast and walks holding Jiwoo's hand. She goes downstairs to her car and get's him situated in his car seat. She goes to the front and buckles up starting the car right afterward. When she pulls up in the parking lot of the learning center, she gets out taking Jiwoo and his things inside.
"I'll see you tonight, rasarang, okay?"
"Are you working late again?" he asks with his dads cute dark chocolate eyes
"I'm afraid so, but I'll kiss you goodnight and all. I love you," she said
"I love you too."
"Don't forget to be a good boy today."
"I won't."
"Give mommy a kiss," she said waiting for him to apply one on her cheek
"See you later," she says letting him go for the day
Y/n checks her watch and reads the time 6:49. She sighs as she knows the last task she needed to do, yes; she felt it was going to kill her but she needed to go to her job anyway. She was only going to go for the sake of Jiwoo. That's what she signed up for and now she's trying to own it.
But her phone starts to ring.
She hesitated to answer imagining who it was.
"Hello?"
"Where are you?"
"I'm on my way, sir. Is anything wrong?"
"I need you to come in RIGHT now."
"I'm sorry?"
"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? I SAID I WANT YOU OVER HERE RIGHT NOW."
"But I'm fifteen minutes away."
"DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE? GET OVER HERE NOW."
"...yes, sir," Y/n said before he hangs up on her
///Later(1:28 pm)///
Jimin had just picked Jiwoo up from his learning center. He was happy as usual, spending time with his dad what something he loved to do most.
"So, what do you wanna do today?"
"Hm...I dunno. Can we see mommy?"
"You wanna see mommy?"
"Yeah, I never see her anymore."
"You know she loves you right?"
"...yes, I just wish she had a better job. One where she could be herself and she won't be so tired."
"Well, what if we get you something to eat and then we can go and see her?"
"Let's do it!" Jiwoo said jumping for joy
Jimin giggles and searches for Jiwoo's hand as they walk off together.
///The Restaurant///
"Mei, the order! Is it ready? Table 15 has been waiting for 46 minutes!" Y/n said
"I know, I know. With Kai off today, it's a little hard working back here." She said
Y/n looked outside the door leading to the different sections of hungry customers. More and more people started to come, Mei was working her hardest and was struggling so much. She needed to help her, she puts her notepad in the pocket of her apron. She walked to the back to find someone else.
"Bongchol!"
"Yeah," he said walking up to her
"I'm gonna help Mei with the orders, I need you to take more for the waiting customers, anything to keep the number of people down."
"Got it."
"Thank you, spread the word for more help!"
"On it already!" He said walking away
Y/n walks over in the kitchen and takes a deep breath.
The kitchen was huge, she never made it inside and knowing she was already inside her heart could've fallen in love with it. She sees Mei struggling so she walks over.
"Y/n what are you doing in here?" She asked
"Helping you. Let's face it, you can't do this all on your own. What do I need to do?"
"Here, help me make this and I'll find someone to serve it. We need to get them out as faster as we can."
///Meanwhile///
"Woah, it's packed in here," Jimin said looking down at Jiwoo
"I can't see!" Jiwoo said looking at the legs in his sight
"Hop on up," Jimin said trying to hold him in his arms
"Where's mommy?" He asked looking at Jimin
"No idea, she may be waiting tables."
"This is useless..." Jiwoo pouted starting cry
"Hey...look at me," Jimin said
Jiwoo looks up
"Don't say that. Mommy is doing her job because she loves you. You're all she cares and thinks about."
"R-really?" He asked
"Mhm...dry your tears for me, okay?"
"Okay. Are we just gonna wait here?"
"Maybe, depends how fast things'll go. Let's take a seat right here."
///2 Hours later///
The number of people settled in the large space. No one was waiting and the girls completed the task of getting the orders out.
"We did it!" Y/n and said with Mei
The two girls hugged each other out of relief and walk out the doors of the kitchen.
"I didn't know you knew how to cook like that." She said
"It's just experience..."
"I dunno why Mr. Lee won't let you in there with the rest of us. You're even better than me."
"Oh, it's noth-"
"Y/F/N!" Y/n heard being yeld
"Oh no..." She said nervously
"Where the hell is she?" He said
"I'm here sir."
"Tell me why you think GOING IN THE KITCHEN IS OKAY WHEN IT'S NOT!?"
"I-I needed to help Mei, Sir. We were jammed packed and she was seriously in need!"
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT."
"I st-"
"SHUT UP YOU BITCH," he said doing a desperate act
Hitting her in the face making her fall back to the ground
Jimin heard the yelling, Jiwoo did as well. Assuming he was hearing his mom screaming and her boss hurting her made him cry. It didn't take much, he constantly pinpointed things together. He was great at it. Jimin ran to the kitchen feeling that's where everything was going down.
"Y/n! Oh my god, are you okay!?" Mei asked
"The bitch will survive."
"What are you talking about? She bleeding!"
"What's going on?" Hayoon asked concerned and taken away seeing her close friend on the ground
"HEY WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE!?" Jimin yelled
"Who the hell are you?" Mr. Lee asked
"That's not important, what I wanna know is why you hit my son's mom!"
"Who gives a fuck about her!"
"Take him," Jimin said looking at Hayoon.
She follows and leaves taking him somewhere quiet
"I fucking give one about her! How about you stop being an asshole,"
"Do I look like I care?" He said trying to walk away
Jimin stops him
"Woah! Where ya goin' man? I'm not done with your so called ass you probably don't have. Y/n doesn't deserve this treatment from a douche like you, she comes in every day doing you fucking dirty work, she puts up with the shit you put her through and she doesn't complain. You don't pay her the amount she deserves based on the hours she worked and you most definitely don't give a shit about it either. And it's really pissing me off, our son is devastated to hear how long his mom works. Not being able to spend a lot of time with her and seeing her scream in pain because of you? Is fucking sick."
"..."
"Yeah be the motherfucking pussy who can't say anything fucking else. You know you're dead wrong that's why, harming and abusing an innocent woman, wheres the decency in that? Easy there's none. She isn't going be to taking any more of your bullshit. She fucking quits. Screw you and this dump. I hope you burn in hell where you belong." Jimin said

EXTREMELY long chapter to read but totally worth it! This chapter wasn't in first person because I forgot and we'll just just ignore it and move on,😅. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading. Don't forget to read, comment, and vote to tell me if this was a good chapter (etc). It helps, follow me on my social media to stay updated about fanfictions and other stuff. ~ParkJamjams