33 | Make a wish

Today marks the day of the best day of my life. It was Jiwoo's birthday, and boy was he excited. Jimin and I had come to an agreement last night that we were gonna combine some money and spend it on his special day. For weeks he's been wanting to go to this restaurant on the ritzy side of downtown. I used to say know since we really didn't have the money.
But now...I can say yes with the help of Jimin.
We were gonna spend all down in the city, shopping for things and doing whatever he wanted.
A normal day but more special.
"Okay, I made the Miyeok Guk. Time to wake him up," I told Jimin
"Let's do this," he smiled
We both opened the door and walked to his bed. I sat by his side and nudged him to wake up.
"Jiwoo...Rasarang, time to wake up," I whispered in his ear
"Mg..." he said raspily
"It's your birthday! Don't you wanna celebrate it?"
"Mhm..." he still didn't move
"Then come on,"
I helped Jiwoo sit up and took his hair out of his eyes. He looked around finally realizing what day it really was. Jiwoo started to smile, his happy high was just starting to kick in. I took him by the hand and led him to the little island where he'd eat his soup. Last year, he promised me that he was gonna eat it all by his self with no help. He wasn't wrong, he did it alone. I was proud and actually still shocked at how old was and how fast he was growing.
I'm that mom now.
///
"Where are we going, Mommy?"
"It's a surprise!"
We were gonna take Jiwoo to the Starfield Mall. It was one of the biggest malls ever known and he's always wanted to go. At least after his friend Haewon kept talking about it, there were stores restaurants, a theater and so much more. You get the picture.
There's a toy store, and I just felt it would be nice he could get some things from there.
Jiwoo loves toys.
Jimin and I made eye contact. His smile turned into a smirk, I continued to drive. Ever since a few days ago, my emotions have been all over the place. I was happy, then sad then happy again. I just hope this time, it's permanent. I don't know how much I can bear anymore.
At the mall...
"We're at a mall?" he asked looking up at us
"Yep! But this one was special!" Jimin bent down to Jiwoo's level
"Why?"
"Because it has a toy store! And we're gonna go so you can pick out a few!" I said
"Awesome!"
Jimin and I both held his hand. Him on one side and me on the other, we first walked to the map so we knew exactly where to go. Everyone was everywhere and I wasn't going to take any chances with Jiwoo. Jimin found the store, leading the way completely. Not longer than 15 minutes, we approached the entrance. Jiwoo could've cried, I found it cute.
We both let go of his hands.
He ran off inside, going where he wished.
Jimin and I laughed, it was just so cute! We walked behind him, following wherever he was intending on going in the store. Since Jiwoo was pre-occupied, it gave Jimin and I the perfect opportunity to just talk.
"I'm happy that he's happy," I started while holding a few of the bears Jiwoo chose
"Yeah, me too."
"What are we?" I asked
"Hm?"
"What are we? Last night we resolved our problems, and you slept over...we did some things..."
"Like making out?" he smirked
"Yeah...that," I blushed
"We're together, Y/n," he turned around
I felt like time paused, I looked into his eyes while he looked into mine. His eyes...I can talk about them all day, the way the dazzled in the light, how it didn't take much for him to hold the eye contact when I knew deep down in my soul that I wouldn't. We continued walking and followed Jiwoo, Jimin took my hand and held it tight. I felt my heart flutter all over again.
"You want to be with me right?" he teased
I rolled my eyes and started smiling, "Of course I do, Stupid."
"I don't want to lose you..."
"I don't want to lose you either."
"Then let's stop letting the little things get in our way."
"What do you mean?" I asked
"I'm saying we should stop listening to everyone. This is our life, we're happy, and...deserve more. From now on, don't let anyone get in the way of our relationship. I can't live without you and I never will."
I smiled, "You really think I'll let someone get in between us now? I've had just about enough too."
"I think I'm done, Mommy and Daddy..." Jiwoo said with arms full of stuffed toys and action figures
We just busted out laughing.
///
"Okay now, it's time for lunch!"
"I'm starving!" Jiwoo said
All of us walked around the mall. With millions and millions of bags strapped to our wrists leaving indentations. Eventually, we found the restaurant Jiwoo had been wanting to go to for a while. We walked in, people were everywhere. This place was more popular than I remembered, a person with a smile greeted us and took us to a table.
We lucked out and got to sit near a window in a booth.
The lighting was perfect and Jiwoo was already excited to start eating, just like his dad.
He sat next to Jimin while I sat on the inside closest to the window. I put my menu down and started to talk to Jiwoo.
"Rasarang, don't forget to choose something from the Noodle section," I said
"Okay, Mommy."
"Your Daddy can help you."
After a moment, all of us were ready to order. I called over the waiter and started with saying what Jiwoo wanted, then what I wanted, while Jimin finished it all off. Once the food came, it looked jaw-dropping. And looking at it from a cooks perspective, it looked extremely presentable. I wished to be like those people so bad, they were lucky, and in a matter of time, I hoped to be just like them. It's no secret the cooking is my passion, it always had been.
Lunch was just perfect.
I knew I wasn't going to be let down.
After eating we went back to the car. Stuffing all of Jiwoo's new toys in the backseat with him, I had just gotten off the phone with Eve, Jiwoo loves spending time with his cousins. She knew Jimin and I had a little catching up to do so she offered for him to come over and finish his birthday with a bang. He loved his cousins to death and I knew he wasn't going to say no. Eve picked up the cake for me and took it to her place so we could spend the rest of the day there.
We were waiting in the driveway.
All of us got out of the car and was let in the house.
Jiwoo ran to his older and baby cousin and lit up.
Eve took me to the kitchen where we'd get the cake ready.
"So, hows your day been?" she asked while taking the cake out of the fridge
"It's been great! We did the things he's been dying to do..."
"Mind if we help, Ladies?" Jimin and Juwon (Eve's Husband) asked
"No, we don't mind. Juwon, you can get the table ready, Jimin you light the cake and Eve and shut the lights off and get the kids situated." I said
"Got it," everyone said
(J)After Y/n and Eve left the kitchen I set the cake on the table. The lighter was waiting on the table, I took it and started to light the cake.
"So..." Juwon started, "You're finally back together with Y/n?"
"Ah...yeah, looks like it."
"You didn't hear it from me, but Eve's been going crazy about you two,"
"What do you mean?" I asked turning to him
"Ever since you both got together, she's been rooting for you since. And now that you're back together, she's been even happier. She knows when someone's good enough for her sister, and that person is you. Just know that you're a very significant person to this family."
"Trust me...I would never leave again. But what sparked the idea to talk about this?"
"Eve was talking about you. It's not that serious I just want you to know you're important to us. We want what's best for Y/n, we're family dude."
"Right," I nervously chuckled
"Time to light the cake!" the girls walked in
"O-okay, I'm on it!"
I stumbled back over to the table wear the cake was. I lit the candle and qued Y/n to let Jiwoo in. His cousins, Eunah and Juhyun were sitting just waiting for the birthday boy to come.
"One...Two...Three...!" I said
"Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida! Saranghaneun Jiwoo-shi, saengil chukhahamnida!"
"Happy Birthday, Buddy,"

Hey guys, I don't know why but this chapter was just sooo hard for me to write for some reason? That's why I hope you didn't think it was terrible, I was really trying for this one, ya know? Ugh, I have open house and school for me starts next Monday...wish me luck. Anyways, don't forget to read, comment and vote to help support your fellow ARMY! I'd appreciate it all, by the way, follow my social media listed on my profile to find new and more content made by yours truly. This A/n is shorter than expected too! (Ain't that something) Okay, bye, ~ParkJamjams