9 | Sleeping Beauty

"Jimin?" Y/n says
"That's my name!" Jimin says, "I believe this is yours..."
He hands the bag to Y/n and walks into the small modern apartment. She looks at him confused wondering what he did after he dropped her and Jiwoo off. She walks to the couch where Jimin was sitting and took the white tissue paper from the bag. A color such a periwinkle caught her eye. She then looked at Jimin with a sly stare. Jimin returns the favor and teases her with an eyebrow raise.
"Jimin..."
"Take it out first..."
She follows and takes the one thing she wanted. It was the dress she thought was the only thing she needed. She wanted to cry and the gesture Jimin did. She hasn't gotten anything she's wanted in a long time and the feeling of being thought of really moved her. She gets up and hugs Jimin emotionally. Tears slide down her cheekbones and the muffled sounds of Thank You came out.
"Don't cry..." Jimin said softly
"Y-you didn't have to-"
"But I wanted to. When was the last time you got something for you?"
"...Right." she takes her arms from around Jimin and sits back down
"Go and try it on."
Y/n get's up and runs the bathroom excitedly. Jimin laughs at her and waits for her until she's ready to come out. He thinks about her and how emotional she was after she got the dress she fell in love with. It was adorable he thought. The sight of her smile came to his mind, he loved when she was happy. She deserved it, after all she's done for Jiwoo and all the sacrifices she made for her family.
"How do I look?" She said standing now in front of him taking him away from his thoughts.

"Stunning..." Jimin says
"It's a little shorter than I thought."
"You still can pull it off." He said biting his lip without knowing
"Thank you again for buying this for me," she says looking down
"No problem. You deserved it."
"How?"
He sighs, "Let's see, you're one of the best moms I've ever known. You'll go out of your way for any and everyone. The love you have with Jiwoo is real, you do everything to make his life better each day, you work hard long hours, you don't complain, you even turned down the best position for your career just for us."
"Jimin..."
"But you did! It almost makes me wanna cry. When we were together, I knew you really cared about me. And that you'd do anything to stay with me. I would do the same with you. We went through a lot as a couple and now look at us."
"Yeah, two adults just living life."
"Some harder than others."
"Life has a path for everyone. Good and bad."
"Speaking of life, how's your job? Do you think you're boss will ever promote you?"
Y/n hesitated thinking of the right words to tell Jimin. He didn't need to know how her boss really was. If he did, something would happen. It would be for the worst.
"I don't really know. I hope he does one day."
"I hope so too. The only passion I know you have is cooking."
"Yeah. And setting a good example for Jiwoo."
"That too."
"So what's been happening in your life?"
"Nothing entertaining."
"You still dance right?"
"Oh yeah! I'll never stop doing that. The nice thing about working with Hoseok is I can come in whenever I want."
"You never told me you had a job!" she said
"Well, I do. It's a good one, I help choreograph and teach other dances. Hoseok owns a studio and lets me partner with him. It pays well."
"I'm glad you're something you love."
"I want you to do something you love too."
"I'll get there one day."
"We'll just hope for the best!" Jimin says wanting a high five.
"We also need to think when we'll enroll Jiwoo to that academy."
"Yeah...I was just about to ask."
"Maybe we take him out of his learning center Monday and see if we can enroll him to that other school the next week."
"Why the next week?"
"The only day I have off again is Monday and I'll only have time to tackle that one thing. I'm going to be working longer shifts all this week."
"Will, they ever give you a break?"
"You ask them."
"I guess I'll watch him for you the rest of the week?"
"Thank you, that helps so much."
"Anything to help make your life easier."
"Do you want something to drink or anything?"
"Ah...no I wasn't planning on staying too long."
"Okay."
"But there is something I need to tell you..."

///

Jimin was wrong when he said he wasn't going to leave any time soon. He didn't want to, spending alone time with Y/n was something he liked. Something he missed. He couldn't help himself, he couldn't even control whatever his brain told him. What he didn't know was he was unconditionally going back to the way he was. At least the way he was with Y/n. Even now he couldn't stop smiling without a reason.
He couldn't even go to sleep without the thought of her on his mind. He knew what he wanted, he felt it wasn't real, that everything would blow over. But nothing worked. His feelings for her were slowly coming back, and his feelings for Seulgi were slowly going away. It had been a few weeks since he had a full conversation with her face to face. It made him realize what Taehyung was trying to say, but he was too late. Everything was defined that night after he got that dress for his ex.
"What time is it?" Y/n asked while yawning
"1:24 am," Jimin said reading the time on his phone
"It's late..." she said
"It is, maybe I sh-"
A light sound of snoring interrupted Jimin in his tracks of words. Y/n had given up and fallen asleep. She was still in her dress that made Jimin question his sanity. He smiled at her and shook his head to his thoughts. Jimin puts his phone in one of his jacket pockets and got up to help her travel to her bed. He held her in his arms and gave her the correct guidance walking to her bed.
Jimin even tucks her in. Hearing the ruffling sound of her sheets rubbing against her body. She even looked beautiful while sleeping. Perfect Jimin thought in his mind. He bent down and laid a small peck across Y/n's forehead. Not once did he regret it.
"Jimin..." Y/n says as he walks to the door
"Mhm?" he says trying not to panic
"...I love you."
"I-I love you too," he says back
His cheeks were red and he couldn't stop replaying what she said. Maybe she's so tired she feels she dreaming(?!) he thought. He walked out of her apartment checking if the door was locked and walked to his car. He turned the music on to help him stay awake and he drove off with the same smile drawn on his face.

///

Jimin drives up to the driveway of the small house he shared with his brothers. He saw Seulgi standing at the front door. His eyes shot open and he quickly got out of his car to run up to her.
"Seulgi?!" he shouted grasping her attention
"Jimin? Where were you?"
"...I had to pay something, why?"
"Well, I hadn't seen you in a while and I was starting to miss you. I came by to talk and spend alone time with you. But Jungkook told me you were out."
"Yeah, I was spending time with Y/n."
"Y/n?" she asked in a hostile way
"And Jiwoo and Taehyung of course!" he fixed
"Okay...what did you do?"
"Just spend time together. Is that a problem?"
"No, she's the mother of your son and I won't ruin whatever you have together."
"I'm sorry but whatever we have together?"
"Did I say something wrong?"
"How is it, ever since I started spending more time with my family you haven't been supportive?"
"What're you talking about Jimin?"
"Every time I bring Y/n up or say I'm doing something with them your mood changes. I don't compare you with her or anything. And it doesn't add up."
"I can't help that I get jealous sometimes."
"Why would you be jealous?" he asked now caring about what she says
"Because your first love isn't me. I didn't have your first child. I don't have the history you have with her. I want to be with you and have a more serious future. Like she had a more serious past with you."
"You want a more serious future?"
"Yes...don't you?"
"It would be nice but I need to think about it."
"Think about it? Why?"
"Because the last serious relationship I thought was special broke a year ago. Please just let me think and give me time before anything new happens."
"What are you saying?"
"Right now things are tight with Jiwoo, I need to help Y/n enroll him to a new school and get him settled. Once everything clears we'll talk. Promise."
"See you then?"
"I'll call you tomorrow."
"Okay."
"Good night."
"Good night," Seulgi says giving him an air kiss he returned with a slight smile

End of this chapter! I hope you liked it and don't forget to read, comment and vote to give me feedback. If you liked it or have any suggestions just tell me. It really helps me make good fanfictions. Follow my social media to stay updated about fanfictions and other things. Have a good day/night ~ParkJamjams