26 | Out the Window

"Haewon!"
"Jiwoo!"
Jiwoo and Haewon exchanged a hug. Giving both of their parent's smug looks on their faces. Let's face it, when kids claim to be in a relationship it's cute. He's growing so fast! Jimin thought in his head. Jiwoo and Haewon walk back where her mom was sitting at a booth. She was sipping her drink surprised to see Jimin. More or less how well he was pulling off his outfit.
"Mr. Park," she takes her hand out to shake
"Ms. Cho, it's nice to see you."
"We're going to go and pet the cats!" Haewon said taking Jiwoo's wrist
The kids run off together and go towards the large group of soft lovable cats. Jimin sat on the opposite side of the booth. As a person who kind of hates silence, he tried to spark a conversation.
"This was a great cafe choice," Jimin started
"It is...I wanted to find the best of the best. I also heard Godabang Cat Cafe was great for kids."
"So what do you do?"
"I help manage a k-pop group. But I have to keep it under wraps since their debut isn't set for a while," she smiled
"That's cool," he nodded his head
"What do you do?"
"Well, I own a business with an old friend where we dance, we have classes, help train idols to become better dancers and also go to tournaments."
"That sounds like a very cool job,"
"You have no idea. Dance has always been my passion and after Jiwoo I realized I had two."
"I love your relationship with your son. It's not easy being a single parent, I think that's why Haewon likes Jiwoo a lot."
"Oh! I'm not a single parent, sorry for the misunderstanding. My relationship with his mom is a little complicated but we're working through our issues."
"Oh...but still I like seeing fathers get along with their children. I just wish Haewon was lucky enough,"
"Jiwoo may not have the full single-parent experience but he knows what it feels like to see his mom struggle. And with me not being there for a short time, he recognizes those feelings. That's why I think him and Haewon get along. They're smart kids, and they really do understand each other."
"Maybe you're right," she smiled while watching them
"I'm going to get a drink, would you like me to get something else?"
"Oh, no I'm fine. But thank you."
Jimin got up and walked to the counter to order something to drink. Possibly an iced coffee since this was still considered a cafe. After getting his drink, he notices he was getting a call, something from Hoseok. He walked outside to continue the conversation in private.
"Yeah?" he answered
"Are you busy?"
"Kinda...Jiwoo's at a playdate. What's wrong?"
"Alright, nevermind. I'll tell you later-"
"No, tell me now."
"After you're done with the playdate and stuff, I gotta talk to you about the studio real quick. So when you come back home, meet me in my room, okay?"
"Yeah, okay."
"Bye,"
"B-"
"Jimin? Is that you?!"
"S-Seulgi? What are you doing here?" Jimin panicked after hanging up the call
"I came back a few days early!"
"I thought I was gonna pick you up at the airport?"
"Well, yeah. But I didn't want you to worry, so I handled. it."
"At least you're back."
Seulgi walked into his arms, and it felt weird. He'll admit, these days he's been used to having Y/n close to him again. But everything was so wrong, he couldn't stand it. Jimin was tired and since it was Y/n's turn to pick up and drop off Jiwoo to school the next day, he had free time to go out with her and tell her everything.
He was nervous about how everything was gonna go.
She was one of the most fragile girls he knew, at least when it came to her feelings.
"Are we still on for that date tomorrow?"
"Yeah, totally. Y/n's gonna pick up and drop Jiwoo off for me, we'll spend the whole night together." he smiled
"Sounds great. You don't understand how much I've missed you." she laughed
That's what broke him. Seulgi was so happy that she was back, and that she had him by her side. Just because he didn't have feelings for her anymore, it didn't mean he stopped caring. That their relationship would be over. Jimin did know that after he tells her what he did she won't want to talk to him anymore. No longer will they have a friendship. Just look at Y/n and her, after they got together she stopped talking to her completely. And now that he thought of it, it hurt her. Not only did she lose her love she lost her close friend to him.
"I'll talk to you later. Tell Jiwoo I said hi,"
"I will." he watched her walk away
Jiwoo was standing by the door, watching his dads every move. He sat in silence, wondering what could possibly be wrong. Jiwoo knew who Seulgi was, Y/n made sure of that, but he pretended not to know her to flatter his mom. He knew the pain she caused, and he knew that she hurt him and his mom in so many different ways.
Haewon walked next to Jiwoo.
"What's wrong?" she asked
"...It's my Daddy," he said still looking at him
"What about your Daddy?"
"He's been going through a lot lately. That girl he was just talking to; she used to be friends with my Mommy. But my Mommy told me she wasn't a true friend to her, and that it really hurt her feelings because she hung out with my Daddy more. Mommy cried for a long time, she tried to hide it but it didn't work. So just seeing her makes me kinda angry..."
"...Oh,"
"Yeah, but we should get going my Daddy could come back any second."
///
"Did you have a good time, Buddy?" Jimin asked while driving on the way back to Y/n's place
"Mhm!"
"That's great-"
"Who was that girl you were talking to?" he asked with no hesitation
"Um,"
"Mommy told me she was a bad person."
"What?" Jimin looked in his rear-view-mirror with shock, "Why?"
"Mommy said that she hurt her feelings. She wasn't a real friend to her, she never came back to help her or anything."
"Okay...I'll talk to your Mommy about it. She was...just someone I used to talk to,"
Later...
After Y/n had gotten Jiwoo ready for bed, Jimin helped her put him down for bed. They both walked out of his room, with Jimin shutting the door behind them. He looked Y/n in the eyes this time with a serious tone. These past months have been rough, constant conversations dealing with serious topics. It was starting to get annoying, Y/n looked his way, confused about why Jimin was acting different ever since he came back.
"What's wrong?" she asked crossing her arms
"Seulgi's back in town and...we're going on a 'date' tomorrow night. I'm planning on telling her everything after dinner."
"That's great. I've been meaning to talk to you ab-"
"Sorry for the interruption but what did you tell Jiwoo about Seulgi?"
"Why the sudden interest?"
"He asked me about her since he saw me talking to her earlier today."
Y/n sighed, "If you must know," she sat down at one of the bar stools, "You're cute and sweet (ex)girlfriend wasn't always cute and sweet. She's crazy...after we broke up it was a matter of time for you both to become a couple. A few days before I found out she was talking to me about how cool you were, and basically stupid details she liked about you. I realized she wasn't trying to be my friend, instead, I was used just so by the time we weren't together anymore, she could swoop in and take you for herself. Making it seem like she cared the most about you and I didn't when I really did. When Jiwoo got older and smarter, he would ask why I was crying. I did a lot at the time due to stress and angry towards my heart. I sugar-coated what I really wanted to say so he wouldn't really understand what I meant. I thought he'd let it go but I guess knowing who she is, it makes him sorry for me."
"I wish I knew about that."
"How could you? She brainwashed you into thinking I was the bad guy and you shouldn't give me a chance. Me forcing you to use your own brain helped you wake up."
"I'm sorry..." Jimin hugged Y/n who was tearing up

Hey guys! I hope you're still enjoying the story. I've been working extremely hard on it and stuff. VERY serious chapter coming and by serious I mean it's basically just gonna be dramatic, in fact the next couple chapters in the future are just gonna be dramatic. So be ready for that. Don't forget to read, comment, and vote to help support me! I'd really appreciate it all, and follow my social media listed on my profile to check out new or different content from me! Okay, I'll stop talking, bye ~ParkJamjams