8 | Dress She Loved

"Now what do you guys want to do?" Jimin asked while wiping his hands with the available napkin.
"Shopping?" Taehyung suggested
"Uh...I don't know guys..."
"We never said we were going buy every store available"
"Taehyung?" Jimin said in between his teeth
"Yeah Jiminie..."
"Shut up."
Taehyung pretended Jimin had hurt him and shed a fake tear. Jiwoo looked over at Jimin and back at me. I smirk.
"Jimin..."
"Yeah," he said pulling out his phone from his side pocket
"I'll take the 11,313 won."
"What? Why?"
"Oh dear, Jiwoo he forgot about the jar!"
"Bad daddy!" Jiwoo yelled but not too loud
"Say sorry to Taehyung."
Jimin looked me with the stare that gave anyone chills. By this time I was so used to it, I didn't even care anymore. I continue to smirk at him and wait for him to do the command I asked him to perform.
"I'm sorry Taehyung." He sternly said
"Its okay Jiminie, I still love you."
"Yeah, Yeah whatever."
"My money," I tell him with my hand out
"Here." He roughly said acting like handing it hurt to hand over the money to me.
After he dropped it in my hands, I put it in my pocket and save it for the jar in my apartment.
"Thank you," I say back
He shakes his head no while I nod mine yes. All of us get up and walk out of the restaurant. Jiwoo walks out with Jimin holding his hand. It was really funny since both of them had versions of baby hands. I may or may not have giggled at them.
"What's so funny?" Jimin asked
"Uh- nothing. I was laughing at you and Jiwoo."
"Why?"
"Because the two of you look cute together."
"...oh," Jimin said looking in the other direction. He wasn't told about it, he was getting shy.
"So where are we going to go to first?" Taehyung asks trying to break the ice
"Um...what about a toy store for Jiwoo?"
"Do you wanna go to a store buddy?"
Jiwoo looks up at Jimin and slowly nods his head.
"Okay, looks like we're going to the toy store?"
"AWESOME. I need to get kookie another controller."
"Well, what happened to the other one?"
"You see, what had happened was...I broke it."
"Does Jungkook know?"
"Heck no! Why do you think I always ask him to do stuff for me. If he found out, he'd kill me!"
"Are you saying you're scared of Jungkook?" I ask
"N-no. It's just last time I broke something of his, he was actually acting like a devil."
"How?"
"Do you remember the time Taehyung had long hair our fourth year?" Jimin asked me
"Yeah..."
"Taehyung broke his phone by dropping it from a ledge- don't ask why. And after Jungkook found out he made Tae live hell for the first time. He cut his hair in his sleep, ate all his favorite snacks in front of him without sharing and told some girl he liked at the time before he confessed to her that he had some disease she could catch."
"Oh...I forgot about that! That was hilarious."
"No...no it wasn't. That was the worst year ever!"
"Mommy!" Jiwoo shouted  while tugging my hand
"Yeah?"
"Daddy and Uncle Tae cursed!"
"Really?" I say legitly
"Yeah!"
"What? No, we didn't!"
"Taehyung just plays along," Jimin said reaching for another amount of cash in his pocket.
Taehyung then does the same and in total, they hand me 22,626 won.
"Look, the toy store," I say as we get closer
But something besides the toy store catches my eye. It was a small store, that sold dresses and other clothing options. A pale periwinkle tinted dress that would stop above my knees gave me the thought I want this. It was gorgeous. I haven't boughten anything for myself in a long time. With it just being Jiwoo and me, I get the basics including the things he needs. The last time I got a dress it was for graduation. A long time ago.
"Y/n ya coming?" Jimin asked holding the door for me
"Oh! Yeah, yeah..."
///
As we walk in I see Taehyung on the gaming side and Jiwoo on the kid's toy section. He's looking at a toy truck. I remembered he lost his first one at my mom's house and was devastated after I told him it was gone. Jimin gave it to him and it really crushed him. I felt so bad to say the words to him, I couldn't forget the tears that skated down his cheeks. It's when I figured out how important Jimin was to him. All he wanted was a memory of his dad. A memory when he was the only important thing to him. But that was then.
"Jiwoo? Rasarang, did you find something?"
"Mhm! I want this truck! It looks like my old one!"
"Okay, I'll pay for i-"
"Can daddy pay for it?" he asked warmly
"Hm?" I say
"I-I want daddy to pay for it..." he said slowly
"You want me to pay for it, Buddy?" he asked
"Yes..."
Jimin looks over at me but goes along with what Jiwoo wanted.
He pays for the toy and Jiwoo was happy.
As we walk out of the store Jimin stops me, granting us the private moment he wanted.
"Do you know why Jiwoo wanted me to pay for the toy?"
"I think I have an idea..."
"What is it? You can tell me."
"A few years back, Jiwoo lost his toy truck you gave him for his second birthday. When he lost it he was really depressed. I guess he wanted to hold the one thing you gave him since that was when we were together. And you were home, and also when Jiwoo was your main priority. I wasn't kidding when I said Jiwoo really needed you."
"No, you weren't."
"He probably just wanted you to do something special for him again. Since you're here again and bonding with him."
"I'll never have a problem with that. I love my son."
"He loves you too. He always has."
"Earlier today I saw you looking at that dress over there..."
"I-it was nothing...I can't even afford it."
"Y/n if you want the dress, I can get it for you."
"No, I don't wanna pressure you into doing things for me. I'm perfectly fine. I'm used to putting others ahead of me. And today was all about Jiwoo, I think we should keep it that way."
"Whatever you say..." Jimin says walking off with the others ahead of us
///
The day had already said goodbye. Night's shift started not too long ago. But the city around us was beautiful. Taehyung got the controller he needed and Jiwoo got the toy he wanted. Earlier today I was lying straight to Jimin's face. I really did want that dress, the only truth was I really couldn't afford it. It was way out of my budget, you think working at a five-star restaurant is a good paying job but it isn't for the waitresses.
I try so hard to please my boss so he could make me one of his chefs but he'll never let me. After I told him I was a single mom and I was going to have days I would have to take off or be late, he never accepted me. I did his dirty work, clean the restaurant each night it closed. I took responsibility for everything he told me to do. There were also times I went out of my way to help him.
He's proven I'm not good enough. It's another reason why I never show my real self. Why I feel I can't even tell my son what being an adult could be like. He knows I don't want him to live the life we have today. I want him to be successful and don't let some feelings for someone or something drag you down along the way. Today was the first day in a long time, I felt I could be myself around Jiwoo. That I could laugh, joke and do things I can't necessarily do for him. The feeling of not wanting to disappoint someone in the morning wasn't there. Every day is a fighting battle for me.
People see me and think I'm a deserving single mom. One who needed to be left alone and broken. Because I made the mistake of letting someone in and taking my worth from me. Living with that banner over my head is tough because I'm nothing like that. I love my son, and the only thing I would really want is a good life. A life where Jiwoo isn't disappointed in his mom. That he feels his parents still care for each other and still love him as a whole. There are times I want to drink.
Let my worries just fade away. Just forget the terrible I just had. But I don't; I don't want to set a bad example for Jiwoo when life gets tough. I don't want to show any weakness and tell how much I want to give up. He shouldn't see his mom like that. Sometimes before the next day of work, I cry myself to sleep. I cry not only because my boss puts a toll on my self-esteem, but because I don't have a special person anymore.
Someone who could be able to hold me and tell me everything is okay. I don't have a 24/7 support system like I used to. That person is gone and supporting someone else. It took forever for me to get used to that but I'm here. Still alive and well and working on giving my son everything he needs in his life.
By the time I got out of my thoughts, Jimin had already made it to me and Jiwoo's home. I got out the car and took Jiwoo with me. We drifted together and went to the front door of our apartment. Along the way, I wave to Jimin and Taehyung. I unlock the door and set all my stuff down on the counter in the kitchen. Jiwoo's eyes get heavy.
I take him to the bathroom so we could get ready for bed. I tuck him in and kiss him goodnight. When I quietly shut his door the doorbell rings. I confusingly go to the door and open it. I see Jimin holding a white and black boutique bag. One matching the same store they passed by after getting jiwoo toy truck.

Hi! Merry Christmas! I know, I'm late in publishing and I'm really sorry so...heres the 8th chapter. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter (like always). Don't forget to read, comment and vote to tell me if you enjoyed it and want more in the future! It really helps me as a writer; follow my social media with names on my profile to stay updated about fanfictions and other things! ~ParkJamjams