31 | For the Best

The next morning, Jiwoo and I left for Beijing. Hayoob pulled some strings and got an extra ticket. She offered to sacrifice one of the first-class seats so Jiwoo could be with me. I was thankful, even though I tried to tell her I'd sit in coach since it wasn't a big deal.
But she insisted.
The ride there was decent. Jiwoo was having a good time and that's really all that mattered. I watched movies and shows with him, played games and just waited until he gave up to go to sleep. Jiwoo was just so sweet, I didn't want him to think anything was wrong. Since the day I told Jimin we shouldn't be together, I haven't been thinking straight.
All I think about his face when I told him.
I could hear his heart shatter. And I was so sorry because I didn't want any of this myself.
But I can't risk destroying my reputation to her minions of fans.
Back then, she wasn't as intimidating but now...that's a different story. She has so much power and so much money, I'm just a mom who's trying to make a living. Completely living in her shadows. I should've been where I wanted in my life, I wouldn't have had to go through what I did in the past. After Seulgi and I lost touch, I started to think about why all of a sudden she wasn't in my life anymore.
She had just started dating Jimin.
Never to talk to me again.
I then started to understand, she was never a real friend of mine. Instead, she became my friend to get closer to Jimin, when we met, our relationship was just starting to gain popularity since Jimin himself was kind of popular amongst the school. She never meant everything she told me, that she'd always be there for my son, she'd be there for me and she was never gonna leave. They were all lies.
And that's what hurt the most.
I lost both a friend and the love of my life, all at the same time. Sounds untrue but it's what happened. The worst part was they were the ones to get together.
///
"I keep forgetting your family is upper-middle-class people," I chuckled
"Thanks to my dad real estate business, I guess. Why else would I pass up the first-class seat, I group up in those sections."
"I never understood why you had a job as a waitress even if you don't really need a job."
"Well, I wanted to experience what it was like to work for something. That's why after you left the restaurant. To be honest, I had enough of his bullshit too, that's why I quit last week, I'm going in a new direction."
"Good for you! I hope that bastard gets slapped with karma," I whispered near the end
"Same, girl. Same. Now let's head to the hotel, the driver is waiting."
"D-driver?!" I tightened my grip on Jiwoo's hand
"Yeah, this was supposed to be a packed anniversary getaway. At least we're lucky to see how it would've been."
"You're right."
Hayoon walked us to the car the was waiting in front of the airport entrance. We put our bags in the trunk and got in the car. Jiwoo sat in the middle while we sat on the outside. The driver took us to the hotel, I heard it was meant to be a five-star hotel. This was going to be the best vacation I was going on. Sitting in first class on the way, having a driver and going to a five-star hotel. And I don't have to pay for any of it! At least one thing good has happened this past couple of days.
No later than 30 minutes we made it to the hotel.
It looked so beautiful.
"Park Hyatt Hotel..." I read out, "This is one of the best of the best..." I smiled at Hayoon
"I'm glad you both could come. After everything that's happened...you deserve a break at least for a few days."
"Don't worry, we're gonna get one. He's only been out the country once, but now he'll remember this trip!" I looked down at Jiwoo who was sound fully asleep, "Rasarang...time to wake up,"
The staff took our bags and led us to the front desk where we'd check-in. Hayoon handled everything and got the two keys; one for her and one for me. The bellhop took us to our room and helped drop our stuff off. The room was just amazing, it was spacious but modern. We got one of the rooftop floors where I heard the view was amazing. And boy was it.
Example: