24 | Warmth

I don't know what came over me after she kissed me. I guess I felt something that triggered a sudden feeling in me. It happened all the time and I know I needed to work on it. And really, I wasn't trying to hook up with Y/n again, it just happened, it always just happened between us. How else did you expect Jiwoo to even be welcomed in the world?
And before you get confused, that isn't a bad thing.
"Mh- I can't believe we're doing this again."
///
"Was it good?"
"Hell yeah!"
"Hm..."
"What?" Y/n asked, "We're not doing the jar thing right?"
"That's what I'm thinking," I smirked as I watched Y/n eat her food
"He's not even here!"
"Alright, alright. For the night I guess."
"Thank you."
"Mhm...what do ya wanna do now that...we finished our last game."
"No idea, I'm stuffed. Can we just lay here?"
"Of course, Kitten...come here,"
Y/n reaches into my arms while I sit up in her bed. I liked when we cuddled together, I missed this, I missed everything we used to be free to do together. Things were slowly coming back together and I was completely fine with that.
My phone goes off, ruining our mood.
"Who's calling you?" Y/n kindly asked
"...Seulgi."
"T-take it," she said walking out the room to leave me alone
I answer.
"Seulgi! H-how are you, b-babe?" You're trying too hard!
"I'm doing perfect, Jiminie! I can't wait until this whole thing is over with though, I miss my handsome boyfriend."
"I miss you too,"
"I pulled a few strings and I'm coming home early!"
"E-early? How early?"
"Next week."
"That's right you were meant to be back by the end of the month."
"Yeah...anyway, how's Jiwoo and the others?"
"They're fine, actually just great. I uh...got everything settled in with Y/n and now Jiwoo's enrolled to a new learning center."
"Aw, I'm so happy for them."
"I'm back at my place full time too."
"Sounds great. Hey..."
"Yeah?"
"How about we go out to dinner? Ya know, catch up, bond and maybe do something else?"
"Yep, that sounds fantastic."
"You sounded a little down...is something on your mind? We can talk about it if you'd like."
"N-no, I'm just thinking about Jiwoo and other dad stuff. I swear, I'm perfectly fine. I can't wait until you get back."
"Me either! I'll call you tomorrow, m'kay?"
"Okay."
"Love you."
"L-love you t-too." No, you don't you coward.
I hung up the phone, later taking a seat on the end of Y/n's bed. This was beating me all around the inside. I didn't even know how much more I could take with all the guilt. I just got off the phone with my girlfriend right after I spent time with someone else. That's the lowest thing I've ever done in my life. First and last actually.
The door slowly opens.
Y/n looks through seeing me in my distressed state. I couldn't hide it if I even tried.
"You okay?" she asked
"I don't even know. I could hear the joy in her voice while she talked to me. It's breaking my heart since sooner or later I'll break hers. And I don't wanna be a bad person I don't. Just because I don't love her romantically doesn't mean I don't love her at all. She was my friend, a good one." I shed a light tear with Y/n by my side
"It's okay, Jimin. We weren't trying to hurt her on purpose. Things just happened...and feelings were confessed. All at the wrong time but we can't help what we feel. You're destined to be with Jiwoo and me. I don't want to sound selfish but that's the only way. We've tried as hard as we could to forget each other, and look where that took us. Back in each other's arms again. I'm gonna have to ask you to stop crying. Everything will blow over."
"Thanks..."
"Anytime."
"I should go then..."
"Go? So soon?"
"You want me to stay?"
"Of course I want you to stay! It's get's lonely without my boys to keep me company."
"Alright, I'll stay."
"Yay!"
"I know, I know, you love me."
"Got that right!" Y/n laughed along with me
//Next Day//
The sky uncovered it's blue face. In the morning sunlight, the bodies of Y/n and Jimin who were fast asleep. They rest intertwining with each other, a habit they were never able to break. The soft, warm cover was sitting over their well-rested frames. The sound of birds came to one of their ears; Jimin. It was a soft chirp, one not close to the complex.
The lashes close to his eyelids, shake as he opens them. His vision is blurry at first, slowly going back to focus. He looks around, finding himself in the place he went to sleep, the room that also used to be his a long time ago. He felt at home, sleeping in the bed that used to be reserved only for Y/n and him. And that's when he saw it, the nostalgic drawing he claimed to do by himself. It was a picture of two dinosaurs hugging. He was proud he drew something so well, he wanted her to keep it so whenever she saw something resembling it, she thought of him.
It was hanging on the wall in the same exact place.
He could've cried.
Jimin felt it was still quite early in the morning, meaning he didn't bother to wake Y/n up. After their sleepless night of them making love, and joking around with each other after- she really needed it. His phone was faintly calling for him and he reaches for it, tapping the home button to turn it on flashing a lock screen. 9:58 the clock read, he looks back at Y/n who moves only a little.
It doesn't stop.
She tosses and turns, worrying Jimin by a little bit. He turns his phone off to then lay on his side facing Y/n.
"You okay Kitten?" he asks
"No...I can't go back to sleep." she pouts with tired eyes
"Come here..." Jimin says pulling her close to himself
Y/n looks Jimin in his soft welcoming eyes and moves closer to him, letting his arms hug her own body, locking her in his protective barrier. Like always, Jimin didn't want to move, didn't want the time to pass, and that moment to end. He never had, he felt no remorse and wasn't ashamed of what he wanted, what he missed, and what he needed.
"I still can't go back to sleep..."
"I'm sorry Kitten...Want me to do something?"
"I don't know...This is weird, technically, you're still with Seulgi..."
"I know I understand if you're feeling...this is something we weren't planning. Something that happened unexpectedly. You're probably feeling like-"
"Like a whore?"
"Hey, you're not a whore. That's a little much"
"But you're cheating on her with me. I'm supposed to be your ex and only your ex," Y/n sulked
"We're already the bad guys in the story," Jimin chuckled
"Yeah...sadly," Y/n looked off unenthusiastic
"I'm gonna make all of this right when she comes back. She's better off without me."
"Okay..." Y/n said as she fell into Jimin welcoming arms
"What time are we picking Jiwoo up?"
"My sister said 11:00 is cool,"
"That gives us more time to just lay around together."
"We only do that." Y/n giggled
"There's nothing wrong with it though," Jimin kissed Y/n's forehead
But she looks at him.
She smiles too.
She turns on her side to see Jimin's face fully, just admiring the constellation of stars scattered in his chocolate eyes. That's all she saw when she looked at him, and that's all she really could see. His embrace warmed her heart, made her want to clutch to him, and never let go. And they could've stayed like that forever if the wanted to.
"I've never been this happy in my life, Jimin. When you came back everything went back into place. I wasn't a single mom raising her son, you even paid for Jiwoo's tuition to his new school where he can actually learn and make new friends. It just makes me so happy and grateful that you're still devoted, that I can still rely on you."
"I really do love you."
"Same here."

I hope this chapter wasn't complete shit, it was shorter than I expected but I hope that's fine. If you'd like to stay updated and see more of my content, follow me on my social media listed on my profile. Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys next time... ~ParkJamjams