Hi ***** Bye

The days had gone by so quickly and Kayla was undoubtedly having the time of her life.

Naana made sure of that.

They'd spent the first week of her arrival visiting the neighbors and showing their appreciation for the hearty welcome back to Evergreen surprise.

Naana  gave her famous chocolate cake to everyone they visited.It was after all,her best delicacy.
.
On Sunday,they went to church to thank the Lord once again.Kayla even got to sing with the choir.

It brought back memories.

The following week,they visited Uncle Will,Aunt Thessa and their four children.

Uncle Will was Naana's son.

Kayla was excited to meet her cousins  ; Will Jnr,Thessa,Connor and Florence  who was named after Naana.

They were quadruplets.

Kayla spent five days with her Uncle,Aunt and seven year old cousins who by the way,were trouble but fun.

They spent those five days running around the big farmhouse and Kayla was just fascinated by the acres and acres of farmland that seem to go on forever.

After three days with them,Naana came to pick her up in the old Mustang and they drove in comfortable silence throughout the one hour drive back to Evergreen.

It was on this silent drive that Kayla made a very very very important decision.

She was going to see Harriet.

Harriet!,the girl for whom five out of their ten minutes talk had been about on the night of her arrival.

                           * * * * *

So the next day being a Saturday,She had Naana drive her over to Harriet's house.Her family had moved away from Evergreen seven years ago and the trip had taken them a hour and half. 

Naana had been a little worried about this trip.

"It's been ten years angel.I'm just concerned.What if things aren't what they used to be?",Naana had said when Kayla had insisted she needed to do this.

Kayla understood her grandmother and as much as she was nervous,she had to do this. After all ......

It was one of the reasons why she'd come back.Harriet was a part of her past she was ready to face.

Reluctantly after a lot of puppy eye faces,Naana had agreed to make the trip.

"You sure you gonna he okay",Naana asked for the millionth time and fortunately for Kayla,the last time as she parked in front of the mansion that was Harriet's house.

This was a rich neighborhood.

Kayla nodded.

" Well call me when you're ready to leave",Naana said as she gave Kayla a quick hug and a kiss on her forehead.

"I will Naana",she promised as she got out of the car.

She watched as Naana drove off to visit some friends who lived two blocks away.

Kayla knew that wasn't true.Naana was going to park around the corner and wait for her.She wanted to get here quickly Incase anything went wrong.

Besides,Naana didn't make friends from such over classy neighborhoods. "Those type of people act like robots ",Naana had often said.

Kayla chuckled at how overprotective Naana was of her sometimes.

She let out a long breath then walked the short distance to the door.