Things Get Said ...

She'd said it.

She'd finally said it out loud.

All this while it had been killing her and she'd thought she'd feel better after saying it.

But no,she felt nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The only thing that didn't go unnoticed was the chilling silence that swallowed the room whole after she'd spoken those words.

For a second she'd actually forgotten she wasn't alone.

But then what had felt like hours had just been mere seconds were her words had trapped herself and the two other girls in the room to complete silence.

Unbearable silence.

Someone had to break the silence before it drove her crazy.

But if there was anything she could be sure of right then,it was the fact that that person wasn't going to be her.

And yet the silence was becoming way too uncomfortable.

Someone had to crack

And soon.

" What'd you just say ?", Thellie asked,her voice drippiob with raw shock.

Kay just stared at her, unblinking.

She wasn't looking forward to repeating those words.

" You think I slept with Jay ?",Thellie asked,her voice flat and unbelieving.

It didn't even sound like she was the one talking.

This was something that had been weighing over Kayla's conscience and she'd been planning to confront her best friends about it.

But even she knew this wasn't the right time.

At this moment they weren't in the position to do this.

She wasn't in the position.

Before she'd spat the words out she really hadn't been thinking.

And now that it was all out there,she wished she could take it back.

For now.

" Forget I said anything ",she breathed knowing what she'd just said wasn't something anyone could just forget.

" No Kay. I am not going to forget what you said. Now why the hell would you even say something like that ?",Thellie said between her teeth,her irritation seemingly growing.

" Guys,you don't have to do this ",Hills piped in looking from one girl to the other.

Somewhere in the silence that bad followed Kayla's accusation,she'd found herself back on the couch.

Someone had to stop them before things got out of hand.

" Stay out of this Cuz,I want to hear what she fucking has to say ",Thellie warned, nearly screaming.

Well things just got out of hand.

" Tell me Kay,why do you think I slept with your best friend ?",Thellie questioned,her voice impatient.

It was obvious this wasn't something Thellie was going to drop and equally Kayla was getting pissed.

The fact that she'd not wanted to continue on the subject hadn't meant she took back what she'd said.

" I heard you ",she simply stated.

With just those three words,she saw her best friend taken so aback and caught off guard that it felt like she'd been picked and hurled across the room.