M.C.A McLean

Dad had left an hour ago.

Bummer.

Their father daughter time had been cut short because he'd had to go attend to some emergency.

She hadn't let him see how that'd broken her heart,but she knew he knew anyway. 

It's not like she was really good at hiding her emotions from him.

At least not these kind of emotions.

Especially when it had to do with short living their father daughter moment.

But .....

It was really important.

It had to be

Really really important

Or else he wouldn't have left if it hadn't been and she knew.

She understood.

"Keep deceiving yourself ",a small voice taunted at the back of her head.

This time she really did.

The little time they'd had before he'd have to leave made it easy to understand.

She sighed as she turned in the sofa.

She was so clingy sometimes.

It'd already been an hour and she was still thinking about her Dad leaving.

She needed to do something to distract herself from becoming so moody.

She'd called Thellie up some minutes ago, but the little devil was barely able to talk since she was at some family lunch.

Ughhhhhh

She couldn't call Jay to come over because he'd be at practice.

And so would he.

Unless he was also ....

It didn't matter.

She was stuck home on a Sunday like most Sundays.

Except this time

She'd been looking forward to it being a great Sunday with her Dad.

One of those different Sundays.

But oh no no

Wasn't it just her luck.

No Dad

No Jay

No Thellie

No Nemo

No nobody.

Except her boredom.

Which she knew could kill her if she didn't do anything to change the mood

And fast too

Before she began thinking counting Roman Numerals was something "fun".

She picked herself up and started walking through the house with nothing in particular on her mind.

She practically took a tour of her own house taking her time to study every book and cranny like she was seeing it for the very first time.

When she got tired of walking through the house,she continued the tour upstairs and ended up in her room hoping her bed would provide some clearly sought after peace and comfort.