Have you ?

Soon it was time for her last class and Kayla realized she was really looking forward to it.

History.

And she knew exactly why :

Thellie.

Even though she knew that Thellie would be curious as to where she'd been yesterday,there was one thing that made the whole thing easier with her.

She knew.

There would be no need to lie to her because she was the only one Kayla had told about him.

And that knowledge kept sending her back to that same question :

Why was she hiding him?.

She walked into the class just as the first bell went and walked to her seat. Her eyes never leaving the girl who was already seated.

Pouting and waiting to pounce.

She smiled inwardly as Thellie reminded her of a very cute puppy she'd seen at the park last week.

Wasn't she just adorable.

Adorable and a devil too.

Adorably devilish ?

Devilishly adorable ?

Say hi to world changing thoughts.

"Heyya",she whispered cautiously as she took her seat.

"Hey yourself", Thellie whispered back not sharing Kayla's enthusiasm.

Good start.

"You weren't at lunch?",Kayla said more than asked.

Thellie just rolled her eyes.

Kayla was stalling.

Silence.

More silence.

Most silence.

None of them wanted to say anything.

Each waiting for the other to make the first move.

Then out of nowhere ;

"Where'd you really go yesterday?",Thellie asked so quietly that Kayla nearly didn't hear her.

Kayla said nothing.

Five seconds of unbearable silence passed and just when she was about to answer,the second bell went.

For a second,Kayla shifted her attention back to the rest of the class and it was then that she noticed the writing on the board.

Apparently the teacher wasn't coming and they had solve the questions on Early civilization on chapter 10 of their work book.

Bummer.

She'd actually been looking forward to today's lesson.

She'd wanted to carefully analyze who wore more sexier pants

George Washington or Benjamin Franklin

She turned her attention back to Thellie once again becoming oblivious to the chartering of the rest of the people around her.

"Well you know",she whispered.

"I know?",Thellie repeated perplexed.

Kayla just rolled her eyes and watched as the wheels turned in her friends head as she realized the former hadn't asked a question.